Squandered

catocom

Obama to Call for Major Infrastructure Spending
Officials wouldn't say what the total cost of the infrastructure investments would be, but did say the initial $50 billion represents a significant percentage. Officials said the White House would consider closing a number of special tax breaks for oil and gas companies to pay for the proposal.

Obama made infrastructure investments a central part of the $814 billion stimulus Congress passed last year, but with that spending winding down, the economy's growth has slowed. Officials said this infrastructure package differs from the stimulus because it's aimed at long-term growth, while still focusing on creating jobs in the short-term.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/06/obama-major-infrastructure-spending/

I say...NO!
He had his chance already, and pissed it away.

There's no stopping them now.

Summer of recovery my ass, we are
sinking by the bow, while listing to port.

Oh no my friend they still have
over two years to keep on stealing and
continue to bankrupt our once proud nation.

They will hand the Republicans the most
catastrophic economy conditions imaginable.

We will be in deep do do by 2014.

99j79g.jpg

2e0kyky.jpg

unlike other parts of the obama budget, infrastructure spending is not squandering. we need our long-neglected infrastructure updated so our businesses can be competitive. unless you all wanna be speaking chinese in 20 years...

your right minks "infrastructure spending is not squandering", but
Just like the last time they said they were going to do this very thing with nearly a TRILLION dollars,
How much of it actually went for that?

I wanna see the books!
'cause mostly what I saw were signs...only.
The roads and bridges still aren't worth a crap. What happened to the money?
What makes you think they will do it this time around?

Our long-neglected infrastructure wouldn't be neglected if they'd follow the rules.

Roads
Armies
Stamps

Hah Gonz 50 billion out of 1.4 trillion?
At this point no one is even really keeping score anymore.

Imagine the economic boom if we could get 80% of our taxes back in our pocket.

I wanna see the books!
'cause mostly what I saw were signs...only.
The roads and bridges still aren't worth a crap. What happened to the money?
What makes you think they will do it this time around?

then stop being prejudicially outraged and go find the books. government budgets are public record.

and, um, since this is kinda new, i don't think they've yet gotten to fixing the roads and bridges. do you think they budget it, someone snaps their fingers thirty seconds later, and ta-da, it's done?

In teh 18 months since the inception of ObamaRoads, I've seen two signs indicating my tax dollars are being used. One is in Columbus OH. The other in Maryland. Hardly an indicator of rebuilding America.

Your grandchildrens futures squandered

800+ billion dollars and not one new bridge?
Guess we'll need second stimulus bill larger
than the first to get a road or bridge built
and only then will we begin to see a reversal
of falling asset values, foreclosures and
sky high unemployment?

Hey as long as the Chicoms wanna keep buying
our worthless debt why the heck not right?

After all it isn’t going to be easy for Obambi
to break his own record setting deficit of 1.4 trillion

but there's always hope?

then stop being prejudicially outraged and go find the books. government budgets are public record.

The proposed budgets are record, but not the actual spending.

I've looked.
If you think they are showing where all that money was spent.....show me.

Transparency Pfft!

In teh 18 months since the inception of ObamaRoads, I've seen two signs indicating my tax dollars are being used. One is in Columbus OH. The other in Maryland. Hardly an indicator of rebuilding America.

"well if ya ain't done seen it with your own eyes, it ain't real pa!"

hillbilly19.jpg

maybe try looking some shit up before you complain. perhaps you and cato can get together and figure out how to use google.

Whoo, doggy. Lord knows that if'n a fucking truck driver ain't seeing road repairs, ain't nobody seeign road repairs.

Say, while I's gocha here, I's a always wanted to know....why you edumacated fellers always have them patches on
yer sleeves? Ain't ya got no Wal-Mart nearby? They sell new coats n stuff real cheep.

well minkey, I take that to mean you can't find it either,
and won't even look, because you know it's not there already.

well minkey, I take that to mean you can't find it either,
and won't even look, because you know it's not there already.

right man, whatever it takes to rationalize not getting off your ass. but that's cool - momma obama will take care of you.

Whoo, doggy. Lord knows that if'n a fucking truck driver ain't seeing road repairs, ain't nobody seeign road repairs.

Say, while I's gocha here, I's a always wanted to know....why you edumacated fellers always have them patches on
yer sleeves? Ain't ya got no Wal-Mart nearby? They sell new coats n stuff real cheep.

what routes do you drive?

right man, whatever it takes to rationalize not getting off your ass. but that's cool - momma obama will take care of you.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=o...ey+spent+on+roads&spell=1&fp=39b41c129208dc1c

here's from the first link there...
In response to questions by ABC News, Jill Zuckman of the Department of Transportation said, "The best estimate is that states have spent about $5 million of the $28 billion spent on road projects on signs – or less than .02 percent of overall project spending."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/signs-stimulus/story?id=11163180

not but a drop in the bucket....
WHERE's the money.
You have no Idea do you minks?

Back