Squandered

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=o...ey+spent+on+roads&spell=1&fp=39b41c129208dc1c

here's from the first link there...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/signs-stimulus/story?id=11163180

not but a drop in the bucket....
WHERE's the money.
You have no Idea do you minks?

you realize that you're shooting yourself in the foot with the latter story? or maybe you don't. i'll let you figure that one out. best of luck.

:retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard:

obviously you've scoured the earth for information. maybe try an FOIA request. usually they work. or at least that's been my experience.

what routes do you drive?

In the last 6 months, I've travelled I65, I68, I70, I75, I79, I80, I90, & I94.

Innumerable US & state routes.

IL, MI, IN, OH, PA, MD, WV, VA

2 signs. Lots & lots & lots of road destruction but only 2 ObamaRoad signs.

you realize that you're shooting yourself in the foot with the latter story? or maybe you don't. i'll let you figure that one out. best of luck.

:retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard:

obviously you've scoured the earth for information. maybe try an FOIA request. usually they work. or at least that's been my experience.

28billion on road signs.
I've already said I saw the signs, but that still isn't jack in the scheme of things.

You have nothing of importance that would make this situation look good,
and that why you just spin.
Of coarse I don't expect you to ever admit it. Even if you did know the truth.

Re: Your grandchildrens futures squandered

800+ billion dollars and not one new bridge?
Guess we'll need second stimulus bill larger
than the first to get a road or bridge built
and only then will we begin to see a reversal
of falling asset values, foreclosures and
sky high unemployment?

Hey as long as the Chicoms wanna keep buying
our worthless debt why the heck not right?

After all it isn’t going to be easy for Obambi
to break his own record setting deficit of 1.4 trillion

but there's always hope?
More than half of that was for tax cuts.
The lion's share of the remainder went to support cash-strapped state and local GVTs.
Some went to medicaid etc...

$32 billion: Fund a smart electricity grid
$20 billion-plus: Renewable energy tax cuts and a tax credit for research on energy efficiency and clean energy, plus a multiyear extension of the green energy production tax credit
$6 billion: Weatherize modest-income homes
•A payroll tax credit of $500 a person, or $1,000 for married couples. By targeting payroll taxes, the credit would benefit low-income working families who have payroll taxes withheld from their paychecks but don't earn enough to pay income taxes, says Tom Ochsenschlager, vice president of taxation for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
•A $2,500 tax credit for the first four years of higher education. This credit would replace the current lineup of education tax credits and deductions, such as the Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits.
•A $7,500 first-time home buyer's credit. Last year, Congress approved a $7,500 credit for first-time home buyers, but there's a catch: The money has to be repaid in equal installments over 15 years, starting in the second year after the home is purchased.
$62 billion: To school districts through various programs, including $21 billion for school modernization
$39 billion: State aid to school districts and public colleges and universities to prevent cutbacks to key services
$15.6 billion: To states for hitting performance measures
$25 billion: Fund to help states to prevent layoffs of "critical" public employees, including teachers
$30 billion: Highway construction
$10 billion: Rail and transit projects
$31 billion: Modernize federal and other public buildings for long-term energy savings
$19 billion: Water projects
$43 billion: Increased unemployment benefits and job training
$39 billion: Health insurance and Medicaid coverage for the unemployed
$20 billion: Increase in food-stamp benefit by 13%
$87 billion: Help states pay for Medicaid, which provides health care for low-income residents
$20 billion: Computerize health records to prevent medical mistakes
$4.1 billion: Provide preventive care and to evaluate the most effective medical treatments

There's at least three ARRA projects here that I can think of. Not one of them is fixing the worst interchange in the city.

$32 billion: Fund a smart electricity grid
$20 billion-plus: Renewable energy tax cuts and a tax credit for research on energy efficiency and clean energy, plus a multiyear extension of the green energy production tax credit
•A payroll tax credit of $500 a person, or $1,000 for married couples. By targeting payroll taxes, the credit would benefit low-income working families who have payroll taxes withheld from their paychecks but don't earn enough to pay income taxes, says Tom Ochsenschlager, vice president of taxation for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
•A $2,500 tax credit for the first four years of higher education. This credit would replace the current lineup of education tax credits and deductions, such as the Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits.
•A $7,500 first-time home buyer's credit. Last year, Congress approved a $7,500 credit for first-time home buyers, but there's a catch: The money has to be repaid in equal installments over 15 years, starting in the second year after the home is purchased.
$62 billion: To school districts through various programs, including $21 billion for school modernization
$39 billion: State aid to school districts and public colleges and universities to prevent cutbacks to key services
$25 billion: Fund to help states to prevent layoffs of "critical" public employees, including teachers
$31 billion: Modernize federal and other public buildings for long-term energy savings
$87 billion: Help states pay for Medicaid, which provides health care for low-income residents
$4.1 billion: Provide preventive care and to evaluate the most effective medical treatments

how hard was this info for you to find, bish? would you consider teaching a short course to a few folks around here on how to use the intarwebs?

how hard was this info for you to find, bish? would you consider teaching a short course to a few folks around here on how to use the intarwebs?

That's proposed, not spent.

Besides, it's a generalization also.
Where's the breakdown, and receipts?
We need an IRS audit.

yeah, that's what we need. the IRS.

oh the silly details. you want to look at the receipts. for what? bags of cement? would you like sworn statements from the guys that lift those sacks? how about copies of their birth certificates? thumbprints? tissue samples? x-rays of their descending colons?

still seems like you're just looking for something to get upset about. in any case, i'm sure one could readily locate a more detailed breakdown of spending, project by project. but receipts, man, that is a good one. :roll: especially in contrast to all the stuff you post that is based on your suspicions (or superstitions). demand the facts when you got none!

and the end result has been no job creation.
If this administration could have created jobs it would
have rather than get killed in the mid-terms and have
Obambi be a one term president.

But they did pass deathcare, let's see if the opposition
has the balls to repeal it.

$32 billion:smart electricity grid
$20 billion-plus: Renewable energy
$62 billion: To school districts
$39 billion: State aid to school districts and public colleges and universities
$31 billion: federal and other public buildings

Why is another 50bn needed again?

But they did pass deathcare.

oh don't be silly. they're not really gonna kill granny. it's going to cost too much and be a clusterfuck, but they ain't gonna shove the less able to pay elderly off a moving train. unfortunately.

oh yeah, a package came via priority mail a few days ago. it is very nice. now i need to figure out exactly what to put on top...

Why is another 50bn needed again?

Have you seen the last 'report card' on your infrastructure? Hell, $1T would kinda get you guys up to speed. $50B is a drop in the bucket.

2009 Grades
Aviation D
Bridges C
Dams D
Drinking Water D-
Energy D+
Hazardous Waste D
Inland Waterways D-
Levees D-
Public Parks and Recreation C-
Rail C-
Roads D-
Schools D
Solid Waste C+
Transit D
Wastewater D-
America's Infrastructure GPA: D
Estimated 5 Year Investment Need: $2.2 Trillion

http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/

Less than 5 minutes...took more time to copy/paste it in OTC-friendly format -

I tried teaching an online course when A-holes On Line (AOL) members finally escaped their intraweb and joined the internet. Total waste of time.

Google's okay for searches... but you tend to get bogged down with the number of hits vs. useful information. Some search results are paid for so they rise to the top and are often useless.

I used to use Vivisimo, but that's now a pay-per-ue program. Their free-to-all search site is here: http://search.yippy.com/

It clusters search results and doesn't accept sponsored search results, so you get better and more relevant results.

i dunno but there's an 87 billion dollar item we could lop right off the top...
ah oh.....I've got to agree on thaty one.
Have you seen the last 'report card' on your infrastructure? Hell, $1T would kinda get you guys up to speed. $50B is a drop in the bucket.

You are half right on that one.
It's a drop in the bucket, but that isn't the total. They haven't said what the total would be yet.

BUT....
It's all retorical because it doesn't matter HOW MUCH they spend, because it
won't be spent on the right things, just like the last trillion.

Not even most of the Dems have any 'faith' left in this pres.
Nothing else will get done until at least after the election,
and my guess is the pres. will be a lame duck, except for a few little bills.
He doesn't know how to come back to the center. Like Clinton did.

Did anyone actually LOOK at this list?

Where's the job creation?

yeah ha ha try telling that to the families of the people that died when that bridge collapsed in minneapolis.

Back