SRT-8 Update...

Closer to 40... actually, the gas guzzler tax probably puts it well over 40... you'd be looking at 30-35 for a Magnum R/T or 300C witht he 340 HP Hemi.

Inkara1 said:
Closer to 40... actually, the gas guzzler tax probably puts it well over 40... you'd be looking at 30-35 for a Magnum R/T or 300C witht he 340 HP Hemi.

I dunno what kinda downpayment and term you're looking at for it to be $400 a month then if you're buying it. I didn't pay anywhere near $40 000 (esp USD) for my car and my payments are over $300 and I had a substantial downpayment

With 0% financing and a purchase price of $40k on a 60month term one would need a downpayment & trade-in totaling $16 000 to get the car for $400 a month. Also, I dunno if you're including extended warranty and taxes and stuff in thr 40k...I assume you are.

Chrysler 300 prices

MSRP is $39,920 for the 300 SRT-8... and SRT-8s don't sit on dealer lots long, so don't expect to be able to haggle down the price very much. Of course, taxes will add a few thousand to that total... but the SRT-8 is a car people WANT, so a lot of nice, late-model and valuable cars are being traded in for it... making $16K on a trade-in quite feasable.

Inkara1 said:
Chrysler 300 prices

MSRP is $39,920 for the 300 SRT-8... and SRT-8s don't sit on dealer lots long, so don't expect to be able to haggle down the price very much. Of course, taxes will add a few thousand to that total... but the SRT-8 is a car people WANT, so a lot of nice, late-model and valuable cars are being traded in for it... making $16K on a trade-in quite feasable.

But $400 a month wouldn't be a situation that anyone could achieve if they wanted this car...like you originally made it sound :p

Most would have to pay more than $400 a month

Well, pretty much anyone who could afford to have a car like that would have either the trade-in or the down payment already.

Inkara1 said:
Well, pretty much anyone who could afford to have a car like that would have either the trade-in or the down payment already.

Not necessarily...some people have jobs that start off paying a lot. A friend of mine is paying like $800 a month for his jeep...he had next to no downpayment and never owned a car. His job pays over $30 an hour so his first car was an expensive one.

How is he getting ass-fucked to the tune of $800 though, even with no down payment? Did he buy a Grand Cherokee SRT-8 with all the options and get reamed on the interest rate?

what's a downpayment?
Is it the payment you do to start the deal or the one you make at the end to finish it (rare but some credits offer that option)?

Inkara1 said:
How is he getting ass-fucked to the tune of $800 though, even with no down payment? Did he buy a Grand Cherokee SRT-8 with all the options and get reamed on the interest rate?

Possibly 3-4yr loan instead of 5yr,but thats still seems high,unless they also soaked him for financing insurance :$:.

Nixy said:
With 0% financing and a purchase price of $40k on a 60month term one would need a downpayment & trade-in totaling $16 000 to get the car for $400 a month. Also, I dunno if you're including extended warranty and taxes and stuff in thr 40k...I assume you are.

Chances are a easily moved 300c isn't going to have the 0% for 60mnth loan option,they reserve that perk for high inventory vehicles.

Luis G said:
what's a downpayment?
Is it the payment you do to start the deal or the one you make at the end to finish it (rare but some credits offer that option)?

The payment you make to start the deal.

A.B.Normal said:
Chances are a easily moved 300c isn't going to have the 0% for 60mnth loan option,they reserve that perk for high inventory vehicles.

Indeed; if you don't want to buy that car on their terms, someone else will. A 300 with the 2.7 V6 can be had for damn cheap, but the Hemi is in high demand... I think something like 45 percent of DaimlerChrysler vehicles that offer the Hemi are sold with it... and if they mean ALL DaimlerChrysler vehicles that offer the Hemi, then that includes the Ram, which also offers a popular diesel engine.

Inkara1 said:
and if they mean ALL DaimlerChrysler vehicles that offer the Hemi, then that includes the Ram, which also offers a popular diesel engine.

I would think most people who buy the 2500/3500s are getting them for towing and the HEMI just doesn't put out its torque in the proper range .If your gonna tow ,the Cummins is the only choice IMO.

Indeed... I don't really like that they dropped the V10 in trucks without coming up with something to replace it. GM has the Vortec 8100 V8 and Ford has the 6.8L V10, so it seems like they'd need something that takes gas but is a step up from the Hemi to really compete.

In checking Dodge's US Web site, the 5.7 Hemi is standard on the 2500 with the Cummins Diesel optional, and the diesel is standard on the 3500. The truck Hemi has aluminum heads, though... weight savings, but in truck engines you usually want iron heads to go with the iron block.

A.B.Normal said:
Possibly 3-4yr loan instead of 5yr,but thats still seems high,unless they also soaked him for financing insurance :$:.

Jeep TJs are surprisingly expensive...

I used the 0% because it's the "best case scenario" I was showing how unlikely $400 a month really is.

Nixy said:
Jeep TJs are surprisingly expensive...

I used the 0% because it's the "best case scenario" I was showing how unlikely $400 a month really is.

A fully loaded Rubicon Limited (top of the line model)comes out at $37,710 48mnths 3.9% no cash down,payments are $850.Now that includes absolutely every option including Auto Trans(but only a maroon would get an auto in a JEEP IMO).For 60mnths its $710 @ 4.9%.I couldn't imagine a dealer not getting some cash or trade in up front though.I think they saw him coming :wink:

Got my Grand Cherokee Laredo in 04,
sticker on it was $28,950
with my employee discount we got it for $21,300..
with no money down and 60 month payments it is $480\mth (and that's with crappy credit):D

Back