Stalker Sheehan Pays Tribute to Son (again)

Cerise

There goes the neighborhood:

Cindy Sheehan Buys Property in Crawford
Jul 27 1:33 PM US/Eastern

CRAWFORD, Texas

War protester Cindy Sheehan has purchased a 5-acre plot in Crawford with some of the insurance money she received after her son was killed in Iraq.

The group she helps lead, Gold Star Families for Peace, says on its Web site that it will return next month to protest the war in Iraq in the small town near Waco where President Bush has a ranch. Like last year, Sheehan, whose son Casey was killed in Iraq in 2004, will again demand to meet with the president.

"We decided to buy property in Crawford to use until George's resignation or impeachment, which we all hope is soon for the sake of the world," Sheehan said in a newsletter set to be sent to supporters Thursday. "I can't think of a better way to use Casey's insurance money than for peace, and I am sure that Casey approves."

Her anti-war gathering in Crawford is scheduled for Aug. 16 through Sept. 2. But Bush is scheduled to be at his ranch mainly during the first two weeks of August.

Sheehan, from California, reinvigorated the anti-war movement last summer with her peace vigil, which started in ditches off the road to Bush's ranch. As it grew, the group also set up its protests on a private, 1-acre lot closer to the ranch.

I wonder where the rest of the story is.

She had someone else buy it, using her sons insurance money & not revealing the true purchaser until it was done. The story of the fake buyers was, they were Katrina Survivors & were looking to get away from it all.

Either land is really cheap in Crawford, or she took out one hell of an insurance policy if she used "some" of the insurance money to buy it.

If I remember correct there is 100,000 on service members during peace time. I dunno what it is during wartime.

So, what's to stop the deployment of, say, three dozen Secret Service and ATF agents to this property, as she has clearly designated herself to be an enemy of the State? I bet a few armed G-men afoot would send a subtle message, and as a taxpayer I wouldn't bat an eye at the cost.

Then again, maybe somebody just needs to "fix" the brakes on her minivan.

After buying the ranch, I'd say an Expedition is out of her price range. Plus, they use too much gas, and she could NEVER endorse that...

SouthernN'Proud said:
So, what's to stop the deployment of, say, three dozen Secret Service and ATF agents to this property,

Wrong party

waco_burning.jpg

It is still Texas however.

spike said:
Good, any attention brought to the troops and civilians dieing in vain in Iraq is probably for the best.

In keeping with that line of thought, could that be why her handlers have her protesting after Mr. Bush leaves Crawford? :shrug:

Her anti-war gathering in Crawford is scheduled for Aug. 16 through Sept. 2. But Bush is scheduled to be at his ranch mainly during the first two weeks of August.

Gonz said:
She had someone else buy it, using her sons insurance money & not revealing the true purchaser until it was done. The story of the fake buyers was, they were Katrina Survivors & were looking to get away from it all.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content/news/stories/2006/07/28/07282006wacosheehanlandbuy.html

County records indicate she is acquiring the property through a third party who himself recently purchased it. Longtime Crawford resident Bobby D. Ramsey sold a little more than five acres to Gerald T. Fonseca, a New Orleans native who said he was displaced by Hurricane Katrina last fall.

“(Fonseca) said he was going to build a home and, one day, a shop (on the land),” Ramsey said Thursday, speaking from his adjacent property in Crawford. “He told me that Katrina wiped him out.. . . . It didn’t even occur to me that he could use it for this.” Fonseca confirmed he never indicated to his new neighbors that the land would be transferred to Sheehan, but he said that was always the plan.

He said the $52,500 used to pay for the property — a spread of rustic, wooded prairie with no houses — came from Sheehan and her Gold Star Families for Peace.

Cerise said:
In keeping with that line of thought, could that be why her handlers have her protesting after Mr. Bush leaves Crawford? :shrug:

I'm not sure what point you're making.

Back