Stargate Atlantis

Camelyn

For any Stargate fans out there, the latest incartnation of the Stagate concept is Stargate Atlantis, set to premiere on July 16, 2004 on Sci Fi.

Which of course means that I'll probably be seeing it here in Canada in 2006 sometime.

Stargate Atlantis Linkage

Camelyn

paul_valaru said:

Don't start drooling yet, you'll get dehydrated. Gods know when SPACE is gonna pick it up here in Canada.

I *do* know a guy who knows a guy that has one of them there illegal American satellite dishes... I think he could be bribed to tape it off Sci Fi for a case of beer and a bag of gummy bears :D

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
nah just get bit torrent. :) and thats all i got to say about that.
I cant wait either, some of the previews look great.
On another note is sg1 comming back to finnish off in july too?

A.B.Normal

SHOW TITLE:

Stargate Atlantis
EPISODE:

Rising
CATEGORY:

SciFi
SYNOPSIS:

A new Stargate team heads to an unknown galaxy, discovers the lost city of Atlantis, and encounters a new enemy.
CHANNEL:

55 [MC]
DATE / TIME:
July 19: 6:00PM
July 26: 6:00PM
CHANNEL:

302 [SCHDT2]
DATE / TIME:
July 19: 5:00PM
July 24: 4:00PM
LENGTH:

120 Minutes

A.B.Normal

Just finished watching it and even though it lacks the humour Col.O'Neil brings to SG-1,its still gonna be worth watching,IMO.The premise is similar to a lot of Sci-Fi in that they stumble upon a species which now that they've become aware of Earth are bent on defeating it.Personally I prefer the Ga'ould as a foe ,but we'll have to see how it plays out as a series.

Camelyn

*sigh*

There is no irony in the fact that a Canadian produced show doesn't air on any Canadian networks, is there?

I hope to catch it on SPACE when it airs here :)

A.B.Normal

Camelyn said:
*sigh*

There is no irony in the fact that a Canadian produced show doesn't air on any Canadian networks, is there?

I hope to catch it on SPACE when it airs here :)
PSsst ,I'm Canadian{strokes beaver},but it helps having Digital Cable:swing: . Maybe you could have someone tape it for you if you don't get the higher channels ???

Go to www.zap2it.com and type in your postal code and then search to see when its on in your area.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Camelyn said:
Don't start drooling yet, you'll get dehydrated. Gods know when SPACE is gonna pick it up here in Canada.

I *do* know a guy who knows a guy that has one of them there illegal American satellite dishes... I think he could be bribed to tape it off Sci Fi for a case of beer and a bag of gummy bears :D

Just for clarity...why are US satellite dishes illegal in Canada? Is this some tax scheme?

A.B.Normal

Television and Radio in Canada must have a certain amount of Canadian Content ,a direct feed from US satellites would circumvent Canadian Content,hence its illegal .:rolleyes: