State of the Union

Clearly two intractable problems

the technology isn't here yet to solve the energy problem inna blink of an eye
but I fricken cheered when he said:

"burn the coal and build the nukes"

those ARE two things we can do now!

as for the border issue...

what would have to happen to make that a reality hasn't happened yet!

I actually do believe the tech exists to do a fundamental crossover in energy basics. The trouble is in the sheer trillions+ cost of doing so... and then such facilities would have to be encapsulated within army compounds in order to keep the islamo-kaboom-boys from blowing crippling holes in the network. I'm actually shocked they haven't tried to take out Hoover dam so far.

Didn't watch it, say the overtly biased coverage this morning, wanted to rip Hillary's head off and shit down her neck for the umpteenth time, proceeded to get on with my life.

It's worth watching to get a hint at the next legislative sessions direction & goals.

There is nothing as downhome funny as NPR...

Bush:...e're winning the war.
(applause break)
NPR Commentator:The highly controversial war in Iraq is a still a major sticking point for this President.

Bush:...so I ask you to reauthorize the Patriot Act.
(applause break)
NPR Commentator:The highly controversial Patriot Act is a possible hinderance to American freedom...

Play by play, especially from the opposing team, is unecessary during a speech (unless the listening audience is so stupid they may not be aware of the (D) talking points)

I wouldn't read too much into the applause Gonz. That shit's staged anyway. OTOH, it is funny watching various news organizations put spin on it, isn't it?

The applause needs to be ended. It's stupid & wasteful & sooooo irritating.

I read it. Impressed me as the same ol', same ol'. Sounded good, now lets see you actually follow through.

Oooh... so you cover 'Brokeback Mountain' wrestling.

wrestling.jpg

Back