Still hoping for change?

spike

Damn you bitch a lot. About stupid shit too.

Can't even wait until he gets in office to start the incessant whining? :rolleyes:

You lost, you were wrong about lots of shit. Get over it.

Professur

Damn you bitch a lot. About stupid shit too.

Whole lot of that goes about

Can't even wait until he gets in office to start the incessant whining? :rolleyes:

He's not waiting that long to change his tune and renege on his campaign promises.

You lost, you were wrong about lots of shit. Get over it.

WRONG. When discussing the powers that rule you and your country, silence is always the wrong answer.

spike

He's not waiting that long to change his tune and renege on his campaign promises.

What campaign promises has he reneged on exactly?

WRONG. When discussing the powers that rule you and your country, silence is always the wrong answer.

Bitching about actual shit is one thing. So far I see a lot of pettiness based on speculation.

Professur

Spike, look elsewhere for your fights, I'm not interested.

as for the second bit ... so knowingly having unprotected sex while infected with aids is no longer to be treated as a crime .... since the 'victim' isn't infected yet? Don't worry about the lunatic waving the gun about because he hasn't shot you ... yet?

maybe you didn't hear me talking about the Canadian GST earlier ... but I've seen this song and dance before. But then again, so have you. Or did you not take issue and bitch about the words "Read my lips: No new taxes".

He knew, and his advisors knew they were lying through their teeth when they made their campaign promises. That anyone's surprised that he's already talking about how they're impossible to meet disgusts me only slightly less than the knowledge that others (his supporters) are gonna let him away with it ... and even make excuses and blame the previous administration for his failure to meet them.... even though he knew damn well what the previous admin. was leaving him.

If anyone should be outraged at this, it should be the democrats. They won't be, tho, since all they wanted was to get into power, any way possible ..... just like the Reps.

how any of you can stand the stench of the rot amazes me.

spike

as for the second bit ... so knowingly having unprotected sex while infected with aids is no longer to be treated as a crime .... since the 'victim' isn't infected yet? Don't worry about the lunatic waving the gun about because he hasn't shot you ... yet?

What on earth does this have to do with this thread?

He knew, and his advisors knew they were lying through their teeth when they made their campaign promises. That anyone's surprised that he's already talking about how they're impossible to meet disgusts me only slightly less than the knowledge that others (his supporters) are gonna let him away with it ...

Nothing has been reneged on. He's not even in office yet.

Seems like looking for reasons to bitch at this point.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't see why "change" has to necessarily mean "all completely brand new people on staff". I look at it this way: a school can have exactly the same staff members - teachers, custodians, cooks, etc - but have a new Principal with different ideas and the means to inspire the staff to carry them out .. and you have yourself that 'change'. Might be on a way smaller scale but it's the same premise.

Because he made a 2 year election cycle about change. If you have the same people that you had last week, nothing has changed. He made several mentions of brining new blood into the picture. Looks like the same tired old blood to me.

People in Washington say what the current master wants them to say, publically, but they still act according to their best interests. That's not change.

nalani

Because he made a 2 year election cycle about change. If you have the same people that you had last week, nothing has changed. He made several mentions of brining new blood into the picture. Looks like the same tired old blood to me.

People in Washington say what the current master wants them to say, publically, but they still act according to their best interests. That's not change.

But something has changed - the dude in charge. Is it completely unreasonable to consider that change can still happen? If you liken it to a corporation, a school, an organization - when they change management, "change" is still a possibility because they are now carrying out the new managements' plan, correct? I've seen it happen on a smaller level many times in business, education and non-profit organizations. It may be a smaller level but there's no reason to believe it can't/won't happen under his administration.

2minkey

bootlicker
well, i think some level of cynicism is healthy, but that's not where gonz (and to a greater extent the peeler and cerise) is/are coming from. they've already rejected anything obama out of hand.

now i'm a bit hopeful because, despite my reservations about obama being a bit too far to the left, is my confidence in his basic intelligence and judgement.

but, in a lot of ways, my own confidence in obama is derived from a fairly crude source - he is socially very similar to me as a former academic (and in other ways, too). so the affinity isn't really much beyond, say, some of the local twits' identification with palin as fellow, self-identified, "valley (AKA white) trash." except that it isn't as dumb.

oh, oops. :D

jimpeel

well, i think some level of cynicism is healthy, but that's not where gonz (and to a greater extent the peeler and cerise) is/are coming from. they've already rejected anything obama out of hand.

now i'm a bit hopeful because, despite my reservations about obama being a bit too far to the left, is my confidence in his basic intelligence and judgement.

but, in a lot of ways, my own confidence in obama is derived from a fairly crude source - he is socially very similar to me as a former academic (and in other ways, too). so the affinity isn't really much beyond, say, some of the local twits' identification with palin as fellow, self-identified, "valley (AKA white) trash." except that it isn't as dumb.

Interesting, that. You doubted Palin's ability to fill the second seat due to her lack of experience; but you have no problem with someone who has less experience than her filling the first seat.

Professur

What on earth does this have to do with this thread?

Nothing has been reneged on. He's not even in office yet.

Seems like looking for reasons to bitch at this point.

What does it have to do with this thread? Other examples where the future impact is clear, but haven't happened yet. Do you wait for the gun to go off before you run for your life?

the second part .... the key word if .... Yet (I thought I made that part clear enough in my own post)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've seen it happen on a smaller level many times in business, education and non-profit organizations. It may be a smaller level but there's no reason to believe it can't/won't happen under his administration.

If it hasn't happened time after time after time, you'd have a point. Unfortunately, these people have a long & historied track record.

I'm hoping for the best, after all, he is the President of the United States. Unfortunately, my expectations are low due to his social choices & political stances (or lack thereof).

spike

What does it have to do with this thread? Other examples where the future impact is clear, but haven't happened yet. Do you wait for the gun to go off before you run for your life?

No, but again that has nothing to do with this thread.

the second part .... the key word if .... Yet (I thought I made that part clear enough in my own post)

Well shit, then you're just projecting without any substance. I haven't won the lottery YET but I'm not trying to act like it's going to happen either.

nalani

If it hasn't happened time after time after time, you'd have a point. Unfortunately, these people have a long & historied track record.

I'm hoping for the best, after all, he is the President of the United States. Unfortunately, my expectations are low due to his social choices & political stances (or lack thereof).

I'm hoping for the best too ... gonna give him the benefit of the doubt until, at least, he enters office and has been there a few years. He's inheriting a lot of crap, to say the least so I'm not sure where my expectations are. They're definitely not "yeah, he's got a magic wand and gonna fix everything", that's for sure :D. Personally, I think I have to be optimistic ... he's the man in charge now and I am trying to trust that he'll be good to my children. Maybe it's a naive approach ... but .. I'm hopeful.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

READ: Elitist bastard? :D

There's one more piece missing in all of this puppetry...the Kennedy clan. Gotta have their involvement in order to make this whole thing work. ;)

BTW...I'm not a cynic. I'm a realist. This election was a choice between a mugger and a pickpocket. Both are going to steal your wallet. The difference is in how you think about how you lost your cash...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
perhaps.

hey, maybe next time the slower side of the republican party will prop up a high school janitor as their candidate. or maybe they can get that idiot plumber in on the action again.

Working for the Dems...a person with no real experience getting the nod and then getting voted in by the people...clamoring for change just for the sake of change. Now the only thing we need is to see something actually change. Wake me when that happens, will you please...meanwhile I'll just move my wallet to the front pocket so the Dems have a harder time getting it when they put their arm on my shoulder and tell me how they are going to 'help' me. Damned pickpockets...