Stoopid plastic surgery shows!

tonksy

Do you ever watch these shows on the discovery or discovery health channels? Do you ever watch them and experience jealousy? What do you want done?
I want a breast reduction so bad! And then while I'm under the knife I'd take a tummy tuck.

My wife loves these medical shows.

I can kill, gut, hang, cook & eat critters but watching someones fat get sucked into a giant Hoover makes my stomach quiver.

I saw someone get their chin fixed once and it made me jealous. That's the only thing about myself I don't like; my chin sticks out and it's so not cool. Otherwise, I just like watching people get cut up and fixed.

Some are interesting --- but when you see a woman pushing 65, admitting to 56 plastic surgeries, and in her own words "running out of doctors that will work on me" and still looking like a zombie, you begin to wonder about some people's sanity.

tonksy said:
Do you ever watch these shows on the discovery or discovery health channels? Do you ever watch them and experience jealousy? What do you want done?
I want a breast reduction so bad! And then while I'm under the knife I'd take a tummy tuck.

You should live in Canada. If they cause back problems it's free. My aunt is having one next week.

Nixy said:
You should live in Canada. If they cause back problems it's free. My aunt is having one next week.

You think that? Take a look at Canadas tax rate and say that anything is free....

I laugh at those shows. Shallow, insignificant people desperate to have someone else improve them, instead of improving themselves. Can you possibly get lazier.

Now I realize that the cosmetic surgery business has been good and done wonders to help improve the techniques and medicine for helping burn victims and birth defects, but be serious. More money is spent on breast implants, lyposuction, and face lifts per year than on treating cancer. Enough is enough already.

I just want to not have back and neck pain unless I do something to deserve it. OH! and being able to buy a bra at a store like victoria's secret or even walmart and wear dresses without having to alter them.

tonksy said:
I just want to not have back and neck pain unless I do something to deserve it. OH! and being able to buy a bra at a store like victoria's secret or even walmart and wear dresses without having to alter them.

Wasn't meaning you, dear. Like Nixy said, up here, it's recognised that having too-big boobs reduced (did I say that?) is a medical necessity and that's why it's covered under medicare. In fact, as I recall, we have a member right here on this board who has undergone said procedure for exactly that reason.

highwayman said:
You think that? Take a look at Canadas tax rate and say that anything is free....

Well, it's at no added cost. Plus, look at the people who CAN'T afford said procedures in the states. Anyone who lives in Canada can afford to have a breast reduction though.

Professur said:
I laugh at those shows. Shallow, insignificant people desperate to have someone else improve them, instead of improving themselves. Can you possibly get lazier.

Now I realize that the cosmetic surgery business has been good and done wonders to help improve the techniques and medicine for helping burn victims and birth defects, but be serious. More money is spent on breast implants, lyposuction, and face lifts per year than on treating cancer. Enough is enough already.
Thank you for reading my mind yet again. I have extra poundage and things I'm not thrilled about with my body. But I can lose weight if I want, the healthy way. I'm getting wrinkles, my eyelids are drooping a little. But that's what comes with age and I accept it as a part of life and a part of me.

I watch one now and then, mainly because I dig watching surgery. My kid would watch some of it too, usually constantly complaining over the stuff they got done: "Why would she want bigger boobs than that? That's just stupid!" "Her nose was just fine!" etc. I think shows like the Swan, where they have that beauty pageant afterwards is most ridiculous. On Extreme Makeover they at least helped some people who had bigger problems than just "Oh no, I don't look 20 anymore!"

On a personal level, a tummy tuck would be nice if I lost some weight first. That extra skin is reluctant to leave, and I have vertical a c-section scar that gives it a bit of a funny shape. Everything else is fine by me.

Military members and their dependents used to get free 'plastic' surgery. Seems the doctors needed to practice so that when war casualties came in, they would have the tactile knowledge to do reconstructive surgery on badly mangled soldiers. Not too many folks jumped on that, though, due to the waivers that had to be signed as a precaution.

Gato_Solo said:
Military members and their dependents used to get free 'plastic' surgery. Seems the doctors needed to practice so that when war casualties came in, they would have the tactile knowledge to do reconstructive surgery on badly mangled soldiers. Not too many folks jumped on that, though, due to the waivers that had to be signed as a precaution.
Not when I was in, I tried.

When you donate your body to medical science, one of the things they do with you is use you as training for plastic surgery interns. And crash-test dummies. :eek:

Back