Stress

lacemyster

I've had alot of stress lately. First, my best friend Arturo, moves to Wisconsin. Then I find out that my other best friend, Billy, is moving to Kansas soon. Now, the teachers at my school are craming a whole bunch of work at us, which sucks, mainly because my school year is almost over.

I can't wait for summer vacation.

BlurOfSerenity

i'm scared about summer vaca, because, unlike previous summer vaca's, this time i know that when school starts back up again, i probably wont see most of my old peeps.
i'm graduating high school.
so are many of my friends.
it seems our immediate entourage is staying local, but i know others that are going away.

and graduation brings stress, as well. there are things that need to get done, and tis stressful to try to do it all.
i'm also trying to excell in my classes, in order to ensure i pass and am able to walk across that stage.

but mainly... i'm stressed over the fact that a part of my life is ending. i will emerge from that building a young woman, a young adult, more independent, and shit like that.
and it kind of scares me, because i'm scared of change, and very needy.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
:p

You people (myself included) haven't the foggiest notion of what stress is really all about.

Imagine this scenario:
4am-feed the livestock, gather eggs
4:30am-have momma make breakfast-it better be good, it has to last until after dark
5:00am-finish breakfast & go plow the fields
7am-Stop plowing fields, go to work at the coal mine
7:30am-6:30pm-Work in a dark, musky, dangerous environment. You do this because it pays the bills & helps keep your 7 kids, wife & in-laws in food & shelter, even though the likelihood is you'll be dead before you hit 50, assuming you don't get crushed by a mine collapse or develop black lung.
7pm-eat dinner
7:45-get the kids to do their chores around the house while you plow some more.
9:00pm-come in, clean up & get ready to do it all over again tomorrow & tomorrow & tomorrow & tomorrow & tomorrow...

greenfreak

Pay no attention to him Lacey, that's what happens when you get old. You get bitter and start complaining about "those damn kids today". ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Neither.

I have spent time around farmers, ranchers & assorted other real working class people & I realized (after I got thru my pubescent egocentric timeframe) that we have it awfully easy.

Same goes with traveling to other countries...we don't have "poor" people in America. Just those who haven't tried hard enough. Go to Zimbabwe & see what the worlds poor really live like.

Westerners are spoiled rotten whiners. :shrug: