Strike date is set

Stop Laughing

Talks are faltering and a strike date is now set -- Aug. 30. The baseball players union sets the date Friday after negotiations with MLB owners on a new collective bargaining agreement stall. It could be baseball's ninth work stoppage since 1972.

Full story here.

They are determined to destroy the sport, I'll give them that. Dumbasses.

unclehobart

Why do they keep doing this when the Braves are on top of the heap? I haven't paid for a ticket since the 91 strike. Nor have I accepted a freebie on principle. If this happens... I think I will be done with baseball for good.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
What a bunch of already overpaid losers. This is why i quit collecting in 91 and why i refuse to start backup now.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
AAA teams are better to watch anyway. Tickets are cheaper, the parks are nicer, and you don't have $8.00 beer...

alex

unclehobart said:
Why do they keep doing this when the Braves are on top of the heap? I haven't paid for a ticket since the 91 strike. Nor have I accepted a freebie on principle. If this happens... I think I will be done with baseball for good.

Wasn't the last strike in '94 :confuse2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
it will come close to killing the game. however, I've yet to read a single story of a MLB player holding a gun to the head of an owner for those exaggerated salaries. don't blame the players for the mess started & continued by the owners.

Leoslocks

Yea, blame the owners for paying A Rod 1/4 of a Billion dollars on a long term contract.

Strike and I am through with the greedy lot.