Striking at the very soul of a country

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
A man died in an explosion at a Tim Hortons outlet in downtown Toronto on Sunday, police say. Later in the afternoon, a police robot was used to remove a parcel from the store, which is on Yonge Street just north of the intersection with Bloor Street. Explosives experts then detonated the package.

Toronto Police Service Insp. Nick Memme said the explosion occurred "in the washroom area" at the back of the shop.

Police have not confirmed reports the man was seen entering the washroom with wires or possibly explosives strapped to his body.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/04/02/toronto-explosion-060402.html

Suicidal someone or suicide bomber, not as yet determined.

i'm all for blowing up coffee places, but only when they are empty....

the article makes it sound like the device may have malfunctioned. unless it was meant as an incendiary device.

unclehobart said:
It's quasi Fight Club.

NO!! that would be a starbucks being blown up, and we would all cheer that, this is tim hortons, blowing up a tim hortons is like you blew up someones poor old pie baking grandma.

I mean Canada has been low key onthe war on Terror, but if this is a terrorist attack, we will be developing and using the BOMB damn fast.

turn entire countries into glass

Do NOT mess with our coffee

It's a contest. There are supposedly TV's, a BBQ, an SUV, cash, free coffee, free donuts and cookies, etc up to win. You buy a coffee, and you roll up the top rim of the paper cup.

To find out you didn't win. AGAIN. :cuss:

timhortons_060308.jpg

Update: They're saying it weren't turrists.

Police have ruled out terrorism as the cause of an explosion at a Tim Hortons doughnut shop that killed one man in a trendy downtown area of Toronto on Sunday. The victim was likely an arsonist or attempting suicide, Staff Sgt. Don Cole of Toronto police told reporters hours after the explosion.
and they're saying it in Canada-speak
"He's not a strap-on al-Qaeda bomber guy, It sounds to me like a guy who either wanted to do a torch job or commit suicide." "
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/04/02/toronto-explosion-060402.html

I wonder how many coffees a day he had to drink and not win before blowing himself up became a viable option.

unclehobart said:
It's quasi Fight Club.

Aren't the first two rules

1) Do not talk about Fight Club
2)Do NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

Wonder if he might have been an anarchist since they ruled out the Al Qaeda.

Back