Striking at the very soul of a country

Hey Canadian officials, for the record...terrorism is not always al qaeda but al qaeda is always terrorism. if he strapped on (or attempted to strap on) an explosive belt...it most certainly qualifes as terrorism.

Gonz said:
Hey Canadian officials, for the record...terrorism is not always al qaeda but al qaeda is always terrorism. if he strapped on (or attempted to strap on) an explosive belt...it most certainly qualifes as terrorism.

Police said the man apparently carried a can of gasoline into a washroom stall about 1 p.m. local time at the eatery in the city's Yorkville area, and set off a flash fire that killed him.

He's a terrorist like Buddhist monks are terrorists....'cept he's clueless.

The first post was the extent of my interest. Didn't read the link. Why would the police "detonate a package" if the package was a gas can?

I'm sure authorities will be keeping an eye Tim Horton's District Manager Amin Islam for at least a while....

Exclusive Investigation Details Casts Doubt on Official Explanation

3 April 2006: Investigation conducted by the Northeast Intelligence Network into the explosion and fire at a Tim Horton’s Coffee shop in Toronto that occurred at approximately 1:00 pm yesterday has provided some information not made public by authorities.

Contrary to the official explanation, there is a strong indication that the explosive substance TATP (triacetone triperoxide), also known as the Mother of Satan and a homemade and very unstable explosive was used in this blast. This is the same substance used by "the despondent" Joel Henry Hinnrichs outside of the Oklahoma University stadium on October 1, 2005 - a blast that was ruled as a "suicide" and unrelated to terrorism.

According to initial reports, a male walked into the Tim Horton’s Doughnut Shop located near the intersection of Yonge and Bloor Streets, only a few yards from the entrance
to Toronto's largest subway station and one of the busiest intersections in the city about 1:00 pm yesterday.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/modules/news/article.php?storyid=223

Isn't Canada still serving admirably in Afghanistan?

Well if they piss off the Canuckistanners
there'll be hell too pay fer sure fer sure...

Gonz said:
The first post was the extent of my interest. Didn't read the link. Why would the police "detonate a package" if the package was a gas can?
Better safe than sorry... I'm sure the package wasn't the gascan. They're not releasing any details.

The Other One said:
Isn't Canada still serving admirably in Afghanistan?
Yup...my bro-in-law got asked to go in for a third time. Not sure if he'll be taking it this time though.

Leslie said:
I think twice is enough.
I thought as much, but he did such a good job last time and they're short staffed in his..er...section, that they asked him back. He's getting married in August. I'm thinking his answer will be...:finger: but he loves his job so. :hmm: :canada:

Back