Stupid Canucks

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The animosity grows

Canadian hockey fans at an international tournament in Vancouver, B.C., chanted anti-U.S. slogans as they cheered the Russian team to victory over the American squad.

A Canadian columnist, who called the booing "disgraceful," said the venom began toward the end of the semi-final game at the World Junior Hockey Championship, which concluded last night with Team Canada playing the Russian national team.

"U.S. sucks!" the Canadian fans chanted.

Pete McMartin, writing for CanWest News Service, pointed out the Canadian team wasn't even on the ice at the time.

If it were, he said, "that would have gone some way toward explaining the Yankee animus oozing out of the stands."

But McMartin said the Canadian crowd "wasn't just rooting for the Russians – amazing enough in itself, considering that bitter history – it was rooting against the Americans. And the chanters weren't so much interested in a hockey game as scoring points against America, the country, not the team."

The columnist said the Canadian crowd's "antipathy toward the American team has been a constant."

WND

And the chanters weren't so much interested in a hockey game as scoring points against America, the country, not the team.

Translation: People with no life, no courage, and no respect. Not even for athletes. This is what happens when you don't allow a cull now and then.

OH but imagine the OUTRAGE had the roles been reversed. The anti-Americans would have a freaking field-day. But this will go mostly unnoticed and uncommented on, as usual. This is at least the third or fourth thread of this kind; it's always hockey too.Just more assholes judging all Americans by their opinion of our government. Or just another bunch of idiots who have no idea why they hate us but go along with the rest because it's "cool".

Canada doesn't suck those particular people do.

I stand for all anthems, and don't bother with anti-american retoric at sports events.

greenfreak said:
Or just another bunch of idiots who have no idea why they hate us but go along with the rest because it's "cool".

*DING DING DING* We have a winner

greenfreak said:
Tell me what I've won! :dance:

Well, Johnny, tell her what she's won...

The Tubes said:
Well, you can't have that, but if you're an American citizen you are entitled to:
a heated kidney shaped pool,
a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
a king-size Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
real simulated Indian jewelry,
a Gucci shoetree,
a year's supply of antibiotics,
a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
Rosemary's baby,
a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
a new Matador, a new mastodon,
a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego,
a Mercury Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor,
a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu,
a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped,
a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
a Las Vegas wedding,
a Mexican divorce,
a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
or a baby's arm holding an apple.

Professur said:
Translation: People with no life, no courage, and no respect. Not even for athletes. This is what happens when you don't allow a cull now and then.

Really? I thought it was baa, baa, baa...:D

Back