Suggestions!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Squiggy said:
Damn...You really hate Joisey. Eh? :D

Actually, I harbor no ill feelings towards any state. It's just that Joisey literally begs to be made fun of. :grinyes:

Camelyn

My suggestion would be to take your time and plan out a travel route, including any areas you feel you really want to see. Then find out travel times and likely stopping points and research accomodations (eg youth hostels) along that route. You can always meander off if it strikes your fancy, but at least you'll have a back-up plan.

Or you could do like I did and slap on a backpack and wing it. Then call your mom from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and ask her if it would be possible to get you plane fare somehow :D

Inkara1

I'm trying to figure out whether moving to Paso Robles will make it easier to get people to come visit me or not. On the one hand, Paso Robles has a great wine country, is along Highway 101 which is a lot more scenic of a north-south route than I-5 or Hwy. 99, and is only half an hour from the ocean. On the other hand, Fresno is within easy driving distance of Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks... and, mainly, the nearest OTC member to me will still be 1100 miles away (oddly enough, it's only 12 miles' difference between the distance from Paso Robles to Vancouver and Paso Robles to Denver).