Summer's over!! Kids are in school!

We have year-round schools, so our summer break is pretty short ... but now that I'm a parent and not a student, I love the short summers :D

Two weeks from today until it all begins.

So far, it looks like I'm taking:

CH 115 - General Chemistry I
CH 117 - General Chemistry Lab I
MA 182 - Calculus II Honors
E 101 - Engineering Experiences I
E 121 - Engineering Design I
E 120 - Engineering Graphics
E 115 - Intro to Programming
HUM - choice any humanities or liberal arts type class

Two weeks from today until it all begins.

So far, it looks like I'm taking:

CH 115 - General Chemistry I
CH 117 - General Chemistry Lab I
MA 182 - Calculus II Honors
E 101 - Engineering Experiences I
E 121 - Engineering Design I
E 120 - Engineering Graphics
E 115 - Intro to Programming
HUM - choice any humanities or liberal arts type class

holy shit an american kid taking a technical curriculum! awesome!

you should take a couple languages - hindi and arabic - if you want to go to grad school and understand yer fellow students.

nah but seriously, that looks great. someday you will make a good living, unlike most that enter college these days.

Yeah, I've already come to the realization that most of my classmates will be Indian or Asian.

It's just a fact of life in that profession is all.

How many units is that? If most classes are 3 units each, that's a 21-unit workload (assuming the chemistry and chemistry lab go together)... that's pretty heavy lifting even if you're not working and taking classes.

It is a racist stereotype!
but then is it a stereotype if its true?
OK I retract my previous statement
yer NOT gonna get laid AND you’ll
change majors!

We got the phone call from Marlowe's 1st grade teacher today! I am so happy because it was one of the ones I hit it off well with. So now we wait to find out who Malory's teacher will be.

I am a little afraid that I may have bitten off more than I can chew this year. I think I've got it all. I just need to be conscientious with my time scheduling and planning periods. I'm pretty excited about this year though - should be a lot of fun!

And what's wrong with that?

nothing really, except that it's bad news for the future of this country, since not many americans are getting educations that'll be too marketable... we'll fall behind the rest of the world, and then we'll just become (more of) a big bunch of complainers.

:thumbdn:

It's just a fact of life in that profession is all.

How many units is that? If most classes are 3 units each, that's a 21-unit workload (assuming the chemistry and chemistry lab go together)... that's pretty heavy lifting even if you're not working and taking classes.

I did 22 + two part-time jobs my first semester. Never again.

Had a friend do a 30 (18hr general + 12hr EMT) and a full time night job. Crazy man.

Re: White vs. Indian vs. Asian

I dunno about in the states but in my classes there were quite a few white people. Also, at my company, while there are many people from overseas MOST of them were educated there and then moved here, the majority of the North American educated folks are white :shrug:

Unless he's doing computer programming or software engineering then it's a different story.

Re: Hours of class

The least hours of class I ever had was 19 (my last semester) but I was doing one course online that would have been 4 or 5 hours of class time had I taken the classroom version.

The most hours of class I ever had was 31.

Most semesters I averaged around 25 or so hours of class.

Altron's 20.5 hours of class would have been heavan, it probably seems like a lot to you Inky because you did an arts degree...my brother is doing an english degree and will have a whoping 14 hours of class a week. If engineering degrees were completed with 14 hours a semester they'd take way too long.

well i think i was talkin' mostly about grad school. i know my proto-wife's undergrad colleagues from engineering skool at western ontario are mostly white folk.

well i think i was talkin' mostly about grad school. i know my proto-wife's undergrad colleagues from engineering skool at western ontario are mostly white folk.

But the rest of them were talking about Altron's classmates for Sept

Back