Super copcar!

:D

[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=f0a60fbe54f24ce8978aa97f553e6aa1&postid=196621[/attachment]

Attachments

• tenntrooper.jpg
    tenntrooper.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 95
Y'all stop raht now, 'fore I hafta wake up this danged ole coon dawg and set him a'chasin you. :rofl:

I'd love to see a VW camper as a Police van, perhaps with purple and green curtains and a peace symbol on the front. :D

SIOUX said:
I'd love to see a VW camper as a Police van, perhaps with purple and green curtains and a peace symbol on the front. :D

yeah :D

i'd like to have one of those vans myself..:D

I think someone should do up a reliant robin as a police car... now that would be funny! :rofl:

robin90.jpg

You can drive it on a full motorcycle licence in the UK, as I did before I got my full car licence.

Actually it's harder to drive than a 4 wheeler - 4 wheelers don't roll over unless you treat them REALLY rough. 3 wheelers can roll on lefthand corners(right-hand drive) at the drop of a hat if you're not careful... I never rolled.

I would've prefered the single wheel at the back, as with the old Morgan, it's more stable. But having driven it around for 2 years I just needed 6 lessons to iron out my bad habits, and check my parallel parking, then I sailed though the car test in record time. :)

You can get motorcycle licenses easier in the UK than car licenses? Here, you have to get your car license first (class C in California), and then you have to take another test to be allowed to drive motorcycles.

No, they are independent of each other. There are Provisional and Full licences in both catagories.

For motorcycles:

Provisional drivers are restricted to 125cc or lower and must show "L" plates (Learner). There is a 2 part practical test - Part 1 is off-road and is concerned with bike control around a set course. Part 2 is on road pursuit type by an examiner. You are given a route to follow and the examiner follows on a bike. I believe they use an intercom system now for giving instructions. This includes emergency stopping. I don't know if riders now have a theory test as well but I suspect they do. If you don't pass it within 2 years you are automatically banned for a year.

Full licences are now restricted to lower capacity machines for 2 years after qualifying I believe. When I took mine there was no such restriction... the restriction on bike size for a learner then was also 250cc.

Car licences are provisional or full. Learner drivers must be accompanied by an experienced driver with a full licence over 21 and show "L" plates. Two part test - you must pass the theory before proceeding to the practical road test. Full licence allows you to drive up to 7500kg van(light goods) with a trailer, or a minibus (up to 16 passengers) with a trailer, or at least mine does. PSV (passenger service) and HGV (heavy goods 1 - 3) are seperate licences which you can take after you get your basic full licence.

Catagory B1 - motor tricycles up to 550kg unladen - a reliant robin is classed as a motor tricycle.

My licence has catagories:

A (any motorcycle with or without sidecar),B1, B (car) C1 (light goods), D1 (minibus), BE (car+trailer), C1E (light goods+trailer) and D1E (minibus+trailer). There are laso some gatagories for tractors, road rollers etc - FKLN and P, plus G and H. Most of which I'm unlikely to use.

There are 2 catagories under A - </= 25kw or </= 0.16kw/kg and unrestricted. There are also age restrictions on some of the vehical types, but they don't apply as I'm over 21. :)

When you reach 70 you have to re-apply to keep your licence at present, but there has been a lot of discussion about people having to take regular updates to keep their licence.

Back