Survivor

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Does anyone care that it's airing this time?

I was REALLY obsessed with the first one, and almost as much with the second, the third I watched every week mainly for ogling Ethan, though the bickering was fun, and this one I had high hopes for, watched the first few episodes religiously, then kind of lost interest. I keep forgetting it's on.

unclehobart

Survivor is pathetic. It was laughed off of the air in South Africa. The season that was shot there claimed to be in the savage jungle... huh? It was a near barren savannah. The two episodes I was forced to watch with grandma over the winter hoilidays showed the contestants bitchin' and whinin' about how hungry they were... and then the next scene shows them gobbling down cheeseburgers... huh? The South Africans laughed because the amount of calories that the contestants was averaging was greater than 2/3 of the daily intake of the general SA populace.

kuulani

*standing proudly* I have never watched a single episode. Nor have I watched The Bachelor, Temptation Island, or any other reality-type shows.

I agree with hobart's thread ... the real people in the places that Survivor shoots probably laugh at how lame the contestants are.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Of course the locals laugh, the survival aspect is a joke. But that didn't make the show less fun to watch. It was like a weekly soap opera rather than reality to me.

I supply the place, the networks supply the cheat. Maybe they should be transported back to when I had the Jews wandering the desert for 40 years. :biker: