Sushi

Yup...Rob'll play around with different vinegars since he can't use regular vinegar and he can't dip in soy. Of course there is the traditional rice wine vinegar but then we sometimes use white or red wine vinegar or Ume plum vinegar or spiced vinegar.

I looked up "Sushi kit" and it seems to be really just the bamboo mat that you need. I actually already have several of those that the GF bought for placemats. Is there really anything else you need?

That bamboo mat is much smaller than a placemat. Rob has this press thing that makes the square shaped handrolls that are about the size of a fat bar of soap. It's a pretty handy thing to have.

Yeah, they're much smaller than your standard placemat. That's what she bought them for though and I don't question her on that kind of stuff.

What do guys know about placemats anyway? I don't even sit down to eat half the time.

Just found another kit that looks interesting.

touchoforanges_1923_2370797

We have a new place in town that actually serves sushi --- hard to believe for such a small town.

I'm developing a taste for sushi. Haven't found much that I won't eat. I particularly like the salmon.

I enjoy most sushi. There isn't much I don't like as long as it's not too spicy. Marinated eel is one of my favorites though.

Happy Belated Spike!

Making sushi isn't that difficult. I don't use a kit, I just have the bamboo to make the rolls and the proper ingredients. I've made maki rolls for parties and such plenty of times. When I make a platter I make at least 200 pieces in a different variety. One thing you want to do is go to a fish market and ask them to cut the fish for sushi grade.

mmm.. sushi .. ku'u, we gotta have a sushi night soon, it's been a while

and Happy Belated Birthday, spike!

Back