Swiss clinic set to kill healthy woman

jimpeel

I have stated for many years that the legitimization of killing at any level legitimizes killing at every level.

Now the Swiss are set to kill a healthy woman so she can keep her terminally ill husband company in Hell.

SOURCE

Swiss Clinic Plans Assisted Suicide of Healthy English Woman

Thursday, April 02, 2009

The founder of the Swiss assisted-suicide clinic Dignitas revealed plans Thursday to help a healthy wife die alongside her terminally ill husband.

Ludwig Minelli described suicide as a “marvellous opportunity” that should not be restricted to the terminally ill or people with severe disabilities. :eek13:

The Dignitas clinic, based in a Zurich apartment, claims to have already assisted in the suicides of more than 100 British people.

Minelli said that anyone who has “mental capacity” should be allowed to have an assisted suicide, claiming that it would save money for the National Health Service.

He said that he expected to go to the Swiss courts to seek a ruling in the controversial case of a Canadian couple who have asked to die together.

“The husband is ill, his partner is not ill but she told us here in my living room that, ’If my husband goes, I would go at the same time with him’,” he said.

Minelli, a human rights lawyer, tells The Report on BBC Radio 4 Thursday that the British had an “obsession” with the requirement to be terminally ill.

“It is not a condition to have a terminal illness,” he said. “Terminal illness is a British obsession. As a human rights lawyer I am opposed to the idea of paternalism. We do not make decisions for other people.

“We should have a nicer attitude to suicide, saying suicide is a very good possibility to escape." :dizzy:

Click here for more on this story from the Times of London.

I have stated for many years that the legitimization of killing at any level legitimizes killing at every level.

That's silly, if it's legitimate for me to kill a spider it legitimizes me killing the pope?

Or is it if we can make more money by killing the pope than he'll earn in a lifetime it's ok to kill him?

I wonder why Jim thinks the ill guy will be in hell.

That's silly, if it's legitimate for me to kill a spider it legitimizes me killing the pope?

Entirely specious and a waste of keystrokes.

Or is it if we can make more money by killing the pope than he'll earn in a lifetime it's ok to kill him?

Even more specious and a waste of even more keystrokes.

I wonder why Jim thinks the ill guy will be in hell.

There is only one unrepentant sin. Figure it out.

Hint: If there were such a thing as post mortem repentance, Hell would be empty.

it's okay folks, jim doesn't understand the concept of choice, other than picking which highway rest stop to stake out.

How about "You're next"?

You feeling healthy these days? That is no barrier to checking out.
so long as you are making the choice for yourself. If someone else is making that choice for you...why that's just like..the death penalty.

Anyone want to donate their liver? Better read that card closely. Being pre-dead just became optional.

How about "You're next"?

You feeling healthy these days? That is no barrier to checking out.

Oh I am so scairt! If I want to kill myself someone might help me do it painlessly! What a tragic horror! They will probably start feeding us chemicals so we will want to do it! The end is near! Jebus please come sweep me up in your rupture!

Entirely specious and a waste of keystrokes.

Just following the logic you set forth. Which must have been specious.

Even more specious and a waste of even more keystrokes.

Just using your own system for the value of a human life. Which must have been even more specious.

Hint: If there were such a thing as post mortem repentance, Hell would be empty.

Hey Jim, how about you just state why you think this terminally ill guy is going to hell?

so long as you are making the choice for yourself. If someone else is making that choice for you...why that's just like..the death penalty.

:laugh:

Or maybe invading another country that wasn't threatening you and killing hundreds of thousands of their people?

Hey Jim, how about you just state why you think this terminally ill guy is going to hell?

I posted:

Hint: If there were such a thing as postmortem repentance, Hell would be empty.

Even with a hint you couldn't figure it out; or you just, in your agent provocateur way, want to waste everyone's time?

There is only one unrepentant sin -- self murder.

I can murder another person and I can repent of my sin. If I am truly repentant in the eyes of God, my religion, and I, believe that I can be redeemed.

If I kill myself, how do I repent of my sin, and how can I be redeemed?

I'm sure that you will come up with some idiotic answer to that question. Let's all watch, shall we? This should be rich.

Even with a hint you couldn't figure it out; or you just, in your agent provocateur way, want to waste everyone's time?

There is only one unrepentant sin -- self murder.

I can murder another person and I can repent of my sin. If I am truly repentant in the eyes of God, my religion, and I, believe that I can be redeemed.

That's idiotic. You can kill someone who doesn't want to die and apologize and it's ok. But hey, kill someone that wants to die and that's way worse. :rofl3:

Seems like anyone with half a brain could see the flaw in that reasoning.

If I kill myself, how do I repent of my sin, and how can I be redeemed?

There wouldn't be much to repent for but if you wanted to I suppose you repent in the afterlife. These rules don't make much sense.

Also, there's nothing in your article indicating the terminally ill guy is killing himself. I wonder where that leaves your prediction of him going to hell?

I predict you're going to hell for that.

Back