T minus 3 days ...

nalani

KU'U IS COMNG BACK ON MONDAY!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!![/color][/size]

I know I'm being a little selfish but I swear, I really am missing her here at work ... no one to bitch with about our stoopid co workers .. no one to bitch with period :( But she's coming back on Monday! *does the happy dance* Let's get ready to welcome her back y'all ... fury, I know you're busy as hell baby, but is there any way you can get her avatar all loaded and everything so she's ready to start posting as soon as she turns on her computer? The work stuff can wait - she can catch up on that later .. she has a lot of posting to catch up on first :D

Leslie said:
:clap: YAY!

[/quot]

Good to hear! But it sounds a little bit soon to me too... :confuse3:
Here in The Netherlands you get 16 weeks off when being pregnant/newly mother. How you spread those weeks is up to yourself...

Or did she want to get back to work? It's another workaholic? :D

w00t Ku'u is comming back. I find new mothers extremely sexy. So youd better watch it Ku'u :bgpimp: :D

Shadowfax said:
Leslie said:
:clap: YAY!

[/quot]

Good to hear! But it sounds a little bit soon to me too... :confuse3:
Here in The Netherlands you get 16 weeks off when being pregnant/newly mother. How you spread those weeks is up to yourself...

Or did she want to get back to work? It's another workaholic? :D

we suck in the US as far as maternity leave goes :p We only get 6 weeks of leave - a little longer if you've had a c-section. If you're still not ready to go back to work, a doctor needs to sign you off. If you want to take more time and your boss is cool with it, you can take leave without pay.

She is ready, in a way, to get back to work .. but she's loving being a mommy ... and is definitely savoring these last few days :)

:eek2: Only 6 weeks???????

wow, you ladies need to do some big time lobbying :eek:

we (the mother and/or father) get a year, paid by unemployment insurance.

16 weeks in the Netherlands? A year in Canada? Why-oh-why is Hawaii affilliated with the U.S.?!

It's only 6 weeks here. Barely enough time to get to know my hunnybaby, at least I'm lucky to have my aunty as my babysitter and not some stranger.

kuulani said:
16 weeks in the Netherlands? A year in Canada? Why-oh-why is Hawaii affilliated with the U.S.?!

*whispering in your ear out of the corner of my mouth* ... don't start that "hawaiian american" thing again ... instigator :D

That would be lovely to be able to spend 16 weeks - year at home with baby though. How does that work? Do you get TDI from your job?

At least you get time. I burned 3 vacation days, and that's all I could do. Now, I didn't have the baby, but it might have been nice to spend some time at home to help.

I don't believe mom and dad can be off together here. Mom has to take the first 6 months (I believe) that's the maturnity leave part and then mom or dad can take the other 6 (or spilt it) that's the parental leave they call it. (I don't know for sure if it's 6 and 6 maybe 4 and 8 or something, not sure)

HomeLAN said:
At least you get time. I burned 3 vacation days, and that's all I could do. Now, I didn't have the baby, but it might have been nice to spend some time at home to help.

My boyfriend had to use up his vacation days too ... he was able to stay home and help for a week.

I wish the US had parental leave. It's no fair that only the mother's get to stay home to be with baby ... daddy's need to get in their share of diaper-changing and feeding :D

nalani said:
The work stuff can wait - she can catch up on that later .. she has a lot of posting to catch up on first :D

ah ... my otc withdrawal symptoms are subsiding ... i can almost start on the pile of work that's on my desk ...

HomeLAN said:

See, that's what I don't get about the US system .. they bitch and moan and groan about the "fall out of the American family" then they don't support those great daddies like you who want to be home to help .. it's not like a free day ... most of us know it's harder to work at parenting than it is at our "real" (for lack of other words) job.

Back