Tattoos

tonksy

LOL I can't call mine. You have to have a fucking golden ticket to get him on the phone. I guess he's got the girlies calling all day. I'll stop by next time I'm in the area.

BeardofPants

Awesome one cam, can't remember if I commented or not. :D

I'm gettin' one in the next coupla weeks to mark the end of uni. It'll be one of those "inch" tattoos (;)). I'm gettin' it on the lower back and it will be the hatshepsut cartouche. I'll post a pic when its done.

Finally got this done today... Will post a pic when I get the camera back. Ended up being bigger than an inch, in the end.

Here's the design again:

maatkare.jpg

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
WTF is that supposed to be/mean/symbolize?

Looks like a doughnut, a dude takin chemo, and two hands uplifted. You supportin' better cancer treatment through sweetbread?

BeardofPants

Although I must give you credit for one thing.

True to form, I don't think he's got anybody's britches on...
Jeebus, it's a she - can'tcha see the bewbies?

Cat? It's the throne name of one of the pharoanic Queens (Hatshepsut) 'Maatkare'. It's a belated celebratory present upon finishing uni (I studied near eastern and ancient egyptian history in undergrad). A reminder of how much I enjoyed learning hieroglyphs, and also a reminder of some other more personal stuff too.

for those interested:

First symbol: Re (Sun god)
Second symbol: Ma'at (Justice)
Third symbol: Ka (soul)

lit. trans - Justice is the soul of Re.

greenfreak

Jeebus, it's a she - can'tcha see the bewbies?

Cat? It's the throne name of one of the pharoanic Queens (Hatshepsut) 'Maatkare'. It's a belated celebratory present upon finishing uni (I studied near eastern and ancient egyptian history in undergrad). A reminder of how much I enjoyed learning hieroglyphs, and also a reminder of some other more personal stuff too.

for those interested:

First symbol: Re (Sun god)
Second symbol: Ma'at (Justice)
Third symbol: Ka (soul)

lit. trans - Justice is the soul of Re.

Now that is a tat with meaning. Good job! Most people I know get things that mean nothing and they just think it will make them look cool.

My friend at work has a few on her and I'm thinking about going to her guy for my first. Of course, it must be a flower.

But what I was thinking was this... I am a fire sign, a fiery redhead... I have had enough presence of mind to 'work' on my fire over the years, to tone it down, to not let it burn me.

Thus, I want to combine the opposite element, and my favorite flower into one. The water lily.

I have a few pictures and someone else's tattoo for inspiration:

aug_wlilly_pink.jpg

aug_wlilly_blue_macro.jpg

And this - specifically the orange water lily:

268964062_2fd1315812_o.jpg

Inkara1

Hey now, he only said it just for the halibut. Although it is a crappie response, to be sure...

PrincessLissa

I have a few new ones. I have 5 total. My newest is about 4 or 5 years old but it's a mermaid on my leg. I also have angel wings on my ankle, a swirl on my arm which might someday be an armband, lettering on my foot, and my hearts, stars, and moon on the back of my neck.

greenfreak

Wow, that's pretty amazing. How big were you thinking of going? The orange would be nicely symbolic too (fire). :)

For some reason, I've been liking orange flowers lately too although I'm not sure I want it that color. I'm thinking blue or purple maybe. Definitely not pink, I'm not a fan of pink.

I originally thought a 3 inch wide tattoo would do it but my friend reminded me that the more detail I want - and I want a lot of shading detail - the bigger it should be. Now I'm thinking 4 inches. It would be somewhere at the bottom of my neck/top of my back.

As far as that picture, I just found it on Flickr when doing a search for 'flower tattoo'. Her back is quite cool though!

I'm ignoring the other horrible pun responses. :p

HI LISSA!! :wave: