Terror plot gets little coverage

spike

If you're not Muslim or Arab you just can't get much attention with a bomb. Otherwise there'd be national coverage for weeks on this one.

McKenzie man gets 30 years for bomb plotting
McKenzie man told undercover agents he wanted to detonate bomb
Man gets 30 years for bomb plotting

Demetrius "Van" Crocker of McKenzie, convicted in April of attempting to obtain a chemical weapon and possession of stolen explosives, was sentenced to 30 years in prison Tuesday by U.S. District Judge James Todd in Jackson.
Crocker, who told undercover FBI agents of his desire to explode a briefcase bomb while Congress was in session, was found guilty by a jury in about 90 minutes in April.

The 40-year-old farmhand and father of two was convicted of accepting what he thought were ingredients to make Sarin nerve gas and a block of C-4 explosive from undercover agents in October 2004.

The maximum penalty Crocker could have faced for the convictions would have been a life sentence. Todd did order lifetime supervised release for Crocker once he gets out of prison.
In all, Crocker was convicted on five charges: one count of attempted possession of a chemical weapon, one count of inducing another person to acquire a chemical weapon, one count of possession of stolen explosives, one count of possession of explosive material with intent to harm an individual or damage or destroy a building, and one count of possession of an unregistered destructive device.

During the trial, prosecutors introduced video- and audio-taped conversations that Crocker had with undercover agents, laced with profanity, racial slurs and Crocker's open hatred of all things to do with the government.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061129/NEWS01/611290311/1002

If you're not Muslim or Arab you just can't get much attention with a bomb. Otherwise there'd be national coverage for weeks on this one.

Aah...that was more than just a plot...that was an actual explosion!

what's your point?

You have a problem now with due process?

Or just its lack thereof?

You forgot this part:

In tapes recorded by an undercover agent and played at his trial, Demetrius Van Crocker said that he dreamed of setting off a dirty bomb at the U.S. Capitol and that he wanted a helicopter license so he could bomb black neighborhoods or spray them with
poisongas.http://origin-www.courttv.com/trials/news/0406/14_vancrocker_ap.html

He's a domestic terrorist. Like ALF, ELF, abortion clinic bombers, the unabomber, Olympic bomber, etc. Like most crazy criminals with big dreams he's been cuffed and stuffed.

what's your point?

You have a problem now with due process?

Or just its lack thereof?

Nope...but if they'd caught him long before the bomb had been made, it probably wouldn't have gotten as much air time. He got air-time because of the boom...the earth-shattering kaboom.

The lack of media coverage is to blame. The story probably didn't rate high enough on the 'wow factor' scale to air. The media is a business after all. You need to have that 'wow factor' in order to keep the ratings, and consequently, the comercial revenue. They only have 24 minutes to bring you the endless parade of bleeding corpses so you will watch the other 6 pushing Elmo dolls and SUV's.

Does a little diddy by Don Henley ring any bells?

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I dont have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

Kick em when theyre up
Kick em when theyre down
Kick em when theyre up
Kick em when theyre down
Kick em when theyre up
Kick em when theyre down
Kick em when theyre up
Kick em all around

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
Comes on at five
She can tell you bout the plane crash with a gleam
In her eye
Its interesting when people die-
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a
Running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry

You dont really need to find out whats going on
You dont really want to know just how far its gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick em when theyre up
Kick em when theyre down
Kick em when theyre up
Kick em when theyre down

Kick em when theyre up
Kick em when theyre down
Kick em when theyre stiff
Kick em all around

Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybodys pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo
We can dance and sing
When its said and done we havent told you a thing
We all know that crap is king
Give us dirty laundry!

He's right. I've never heard of Tim McVeigh.

Or Eric Roudolph. Or Christian Identity, EArth First! etc. Though he does make a point in that we do hear more about the Islamic and Middle Eastern terrorists than others.

Does a little diddy by Don Henley ring any bells?

Ooooh! Boys of summer song? I do like the lyrics you posted but I never knew what song that was though

you look like a down to earth fella there freako104 ...

image.php

fancy a beer? :bgpimp:

Back