terror suspect held in uk after found with bullets at airport

ris

a sudanese man is being held in london after being arrested on terrorism charges following his discovery with bullets in his coat. he was awaiting a flight to dubai before he was picked up during routine airport checks.

he had previously that day flown into heathrow from washington without the ammunition being detected.

bbc more

you'll have to forgive my cynicism but it would appear that while the us government was telling everyone else about how vital fighting terrorists on planes is, demanding sky marshalls and bio-data on passports, and delaying flights out of the uk with security fears, it can't even do the simple xray and pat-down checks properly.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
ris said:
a sudanese man is being held in london after being arrested on terrorism charges following his discovery with bullets in his coat. he was awaiting a flight to dubai before he was picked up during routine airport checks.

he had previously that day flown into heathrow from washington without the ammunition being detected.

bbc more

you'll have to forgive my cynicism but it would appear that while the us government was telling everyone else about how vital fighting terrorists on planes is, demanding sky marshalls and bio-data on passports, and delaying flights out of the uk with security fears, it can't even do the simple xray and pat-down checks properly.

Lowest bid on an airport contract will do that to you. I've yet to let anything slip by me when I work the x-ray machine. I even busted a female with a battery operated 'friend' through when I was in Korea... ;)

A.B.Normal

Gato_Solo said:
Lowest bid on an airport contract will do that to you. I've yet to let anything slip by me when I work the x-ray machine. I even busted a female with a battery operated 'friend' through when I was in Korea... ;)

Yes,but amunition doesn't BuZZZZZ. :lol2:

ris

Gato_Solo said:
This was shut off, and buried deep within the carry-on. I saw it on the x-ray. :p

mwehehe, nothing much more embarassing for her than having to fish that out of her handbag :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Two questions re this story.

The first thing I wonder, did he find out what he wanted to know?
If this is the question I'd say the answer is yes.

Second, do you suppose that there's some guy with a gun (but no bullets) in DC saying "shit, that was today?" :D

*Abdullah, you got some 'splaining to do* :lol: