Terrorist Donuts

6'3"/205 sounds right to me oli. I can't imagine that to be overweight. I'm 6' even at 165 and I'm told I'm at the perfect weight. Everyone but my doctor considers me thin? I've never been more than 175 in my life...

hmm...i'm 6' too and when i weighed 175 (when i was MUCH younger) i was skinny as a twig. i hit my perfect weight at 200. unfortunately, i've developed a few bad eating habits ( love them wendys fries) and have crept up to 215. the BMI charts put me at the edge of morbidly obese. i admit i'm carrying too much weight around the midsection, but i am far from morbidly obese.

Those charts are nuts.... I'm nearly 5' 8" tall and I have never been less than 182 lbs atthis height, and then I took a size 14 dress (american size 12 I believe). So how can that be over weight? According to those charts I'd need to be anorexic to maintain my weight! :rolleyes:

When I was training in martial arts 5 days a week I weighed 200 and took an 18 but that was because I was generally more muscular with the weight and circuit training. It wasn't till I stopped that I really piled the weight on - which is quite usual apparently for sports men and women.

Luis G said:
outside looking in said:
That's like telling someone they should quit smoking... "it isn't that hard."

I'm not saying people shouldn't try to quit smoking or maintain a healty lifestyle, but saying "it isn't that hard" devalues their efforts to do so.

I succesfully quit smoking and i can say that it isn't that hard as you think. Also when i said i'd lose the belly i did it, it took me 2 months to go from size 34 to size 30, i could have did it faster, i just didn't want to, and it wasn't so hard.

Back to Luis ... being a size 34 is not that big, and going down to a 30 isn't a HUGE loss. Congrats on your loss, Luis, but just because you went down 4 sizes in 2 months easily, doesn't mean that the next person can.

It's been 9 months for me since the baby was born, I eat better, I exercise more, and I still have 'bout 30 pounds to go to reach my prepreg weight.

My girlfriend can quit smoking at the drop of a hat too. She smokes like one cigarette a day. That's hardly an addiction.

kuulani said:
but just because you went down 4 sizes in 2 months easily, doesn't mean that the next person can.

Indeed, lose weight might be easier for me, mainly because of my age.

My uncle which is over 50 y/o, was diagnosed diabetic, they told him to lose weight or he would have several problems, in 4 months he is now fit and almost thin.

How did he do it?
No soda (just water), no alcohol, less meat, no chocolates, no ice creams, no fried food, a nice breakfast, a good meal, and just milk or water in the night.

And most important, willing and discipline.

You can assume that all people can quit smoking and lose weight quickly and easily, but you would be wrong. Just because you have a few instances where people claim it was a piece of cake doesn't mean you can apply that kind of thinking to everyone. Wait another 10 years when your metabolism changes and then let's see how long it takes you to lose 30 pounds. Some people have a fast metabolism all their lives but others have the exact opposite.

You can't think that it's as easy to lose weight or quit smoking as it was for you or people you know, that's just silly. And for the record, no, Steve is not still 'holding', he's been without for weeks. When you've smoked for 20 years or more, let's see how easy it is for *you* to quit.

I never said it was easy for my uncle, nor i say it was a piece of cake for me because it certainly wasn't, i said it isn't as hard as you might think.

Luis G said:
I never said it was easy for my uncle, nor i say it was a piece of cake for me because it certainly wasn't, i said it isn't as hard as you might think.

You're generalizing based on your limited experience with losing weight and smoking and telling people it's not that hard. I guess it wouldn't be as hard for someone who smoked less than a pack a day for a year or so but not for someone who has smoked most of their lives. Besides, until you've been through something like that, you don't know. And neither do I. :shrug:

Telling people it's not as hard as they think cheapens their victory over whatever they're struggling with. It is hard. And if they do it, it's a big freakin deal and should be treated as such. :dance:

I just don't like being a cheerleader for someone who's trying to quit only to have them go back. That happened with this woman at work, and each day I talked to her about it and told her how great it is that she's quit. Someone finally told me she went back days before and just never told me. :rolleyes: She had a lot to talk about when she wasn't smoking, about the affects on her, but when she went back, she didn't say a word.

horrible puns indeed.
as for obesity .. its fucking grow im sorry i dont care if you are a little overweight but for Christ's sake take care of your body to some extent PLEASE

<-- 136lbs 6' tall

heh, i know i'm outa shape though, can't run 100m without dying out fast, and Luis, smoking and quitting ain't easy.

Hubba you'd best stay out of the wind. It could relocate you...I consider myself thin at 6' 165lb. I couldn't imagine dropping 30 pounds....

Back