The appointment is made. April 19th.

greenfreak

I got my stencil last week. Black/dark green background for a good contrast. The petals will be the same color blue as the photo above. The stamens will be blue on their tips, like the picture, orange on the middle, and yellow at the center.

This is the night of the stencil:

stencil_040908_40.jpg

With better lighting, in the mirror later that night:

stencil_040908_62.jpg

It's better than I could have imagined. I'm just not a creative thinker, but I love the stencil. It's a little different on paper, there's more shading in the background of the bottom. But I love it.

I will be under the needles this time next Saturday... :clap:

greenfreak

Thaaaanks. :headbng2:

Placement is purely logistical. I was thinking of wrinkles, skin sagging as I get older. Should I want more tattoos later, it's a larger canvas where I can surround the main tattoo with others in the same theme. It's one of the least painful places to get a tattoo. It's easily hidden if I feel so inclined.

kuulani

Nice!!

Good logic on placement too!! I recently saw a pregnant woman with a kind of large tattoo across her stomach, right under her belly button. That's not going to look so nice after she gives birth :D

greenfreak

TONKS!! HI!!! :wave:

I don't know anyone who has only one tattoo except my father. Everyone else has gotten more and more and more. :D

Which is why I wanted to plan a "theme" rather than just one piece. I'm excited... four days to go!!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I don't know anyone who has only one tattoo except my father. Everyone else has gotten more and more and more.

PaulStanleymitTattoo.jpg

Maybe he ain't "Hall of Fame" calibur for some, but I'm willing to bet a lot of people have seen this feller and his one tattoo.

Edit: Red X syndrome. It's Paul Stanley...