the bastard known as the sassar worm

tank girl said:
thanks for that... I will see what I can do, I think I may be able to figure out how to start it in safe mode...I'll give it a shot :D
No problem, thats the way I blatted sasser when it got me :D

Stinger in safe mode.

You *must* disable system recovery.
HeXp£Øi± said:
I've got about 20 virii running rampent on my machine at any time. Damn trojan scanners, virus programs and the like never seem to get them all and half the time i end up chasing them down manually just because it's a helluva lot faster than repeatedly scanning 200gbs worth of software.
Wonder why it takes so long.....nearly 300gb over the network here and it takes about 2 hours (scheduled nightly)

Mirlyn said:
Stinger in safe mode.

You *must* disable system recovery.

Wonder why it takes so long.....nearly 300gb over the network here and it takes about 2 hours (scheduled nightly)

I use four different apps (trojan, malware, antivirus, etc). So a couple of hours for each. That and i download so many files from questionable sources on top of the fact that my drives are only 5400rpm make for a pain in the ass. My harddrives are the red district of storage.

update: lost all my files, couldn't actually remove it but could create an alternate installation of windows xp pro, re-setup all programmes and things, (as well as updated antivirus software) though when I enter the old xp the thing is still there. :(, can't access any of my existing files through xp pro : I think its because I had them password protected and it prevents me from accessing them...argh But they are still there, its just a matter of getting into them I think.

Use the file and settings transfer wizard...should get you access....that and all your stuff on the other install will not have registry entries on the new install....

Puzzles me that the fix tool couldn't remove it....didja get the symantec one?

Back