The Bay stays

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Monday, January 12, 2009
President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that some of his campaign promises will have to wait - domestic-policy changes may be on hold because of the dire economic situation, and legal and national security concerns have postponed his promised closure of Guantanamo Bay.

"We are going to get it done, but part of the challenge that you have is that you have got a bunch of folks that have been detained, many of whom may be very dangerous, who have not been put on trial or have not gone through some adjudication," he said.

HOLY SHIT!!!! He's GWB II.

Washington Times

It'll be fun to watch this issue disapear from the front page & the left ignore it.

Hypocrisy rising.

:rofl3:

Say it ain't so, Joe.

I have said repeatedly that I intend to close Guantanamo, and I will follow through on that. I have said repeatedly that America doesn't torture, and I'm going to make sure that we don't torture. Those are part and parcel of an effort to regain America's moral stature in the world.

"I don't want to be ambiguous about this," Mr. Obama said Sunday. "We are going to close Guantanamo, and we are going to make sure that the procedures we set up are ones that abide by our Constitution. That is not only the right thing to do but it actually has to be part of our broader national security strategy, because we will send a message to the world that we are serious about our values."

Back