The beginning of the end

It was a bit nippy here this morning, but by the time I got outside to mow (around 1) it was perfect. Didn't break a sweat, but got a REAL red neck from the sun.

Planning on a hike tomorrow, should feel great.

It was a bit cooler here, also. Mid 80s, lower humidity.

We don't hit sweater weather until late November. Doesn't really get cold until late January/early February.

Of course, some of you would say Texas doesn't EVER get cold. LOL

Oh yeah its cooled way off alright

cool1.JPG

Hit the mid/upper 40s here last night. High today supposed to be around 75. After this long hot DRY summer I'll take the reprieve.

We had less than .4 inches of rain for the entire month of August. All the creeks and ponds are dry or barely have any water left. Fishing sucks unless you have a boat which I don't. If we don't get some rain followed by significant snow over the winter, all my mountain streams are gonna be fishless next year too I'm afeared. What trout the Parks Service stocks have had to migrate to the rivers in order to survive. Without something to raise the water level, the ones they turn loose next spring won't spawn where they should meaning NO TROUT FOR ME!!

We've been having a late summer, I'm still in T's... but the forecast for the next few days looks a bit dismal... that explains why my hands hurt. :(

we'll be in the mid 80s by mid-week. Doesn't matter, once the cool down begins, life suddenly becomes pointlesss.

Back