The beginning of the end

It's still hitting over 20 here in the days 68F for the metrically challenged. Nights are dropping to about 11... 52F

I think we had frost last night.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm starting to look like my granny when I go to bed... socks, wincyette nightie, cardy... :lol:

Since we haven't officially had a 32F night, it's not Indian Summer but what a ride

Additional record high temperatures and record warm low
temperatures are anticipated today and Monday. For
today... October 7... the record for South Bend is 85 degrees set
in 1963 and the record for Fort Wayne is 89 degrees set in 1939.
Record or near record high temperatures in the upper 80s to around
90 are expected Monday.

Of particular note with respect to records... should South Bend
reach 87 degrees today and Fort Wayne reach 90 degrees... not only
would daily records be established... but it would officially be
the warmest temperatures recorded so late in the season. At 1130
am... the heat was quickly building with South Bend at 81 degrees
and Fort Wayne at 83 degrees.

Setting overnight & daytime records. Today is supposed to be 90, 89 tomorrow then 69 on Tues.

I wonder what brand of pollution they used for such extraordinary records back in the 30's? Maybe AlBore should be made aware of them.

Two weeks ago we were pushing 50s-60s as highs. Trees started turning and everything, and now the windows were all closed and the AC's turned back on. Almost 90 now.

Forecast for the forseeable future --- hot and dry. *sigh*

Same here. It hit 105 yesterday. Its supposed to be around the same today. The humidity is almost non-existent...unless the wind is blowing just right. On the bright side, I've only got a few months left until I can get home to the high 30's to low 40's. :rolleyes: From the oven to the freezer with no resting time. :errrr:

Back