The best day of the year

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Opening Saturday of College Football. Nothin like it.

Penn State wins, which I like. Tennessee wins, which I hate. Notre Dame losing at halftime, which I like. Even me own alma mater pulling out a one-point win. Good close games in some places, cupcake blowouts in others. The traditions, the pagentry, the anticipation...I just love opening weekend.

Anybody else OD'ing on it?

I had to cover the first Atascadero High School football game of the year on Friday. Fresno State was playing at the same time. So I got a little radio with earbuds and put an earbud in one ear to listen to the game while covering the other. Fresno State beat Nevada 28-19 (an important win against a conference foe that beat the Bulldogs last year), and Atascadero's JV won 19-0 and the varsity won 18-14. A good day for football.

S'n'P, just remember, as Steve Spurrier always used to say... you can't spell "Citrus Bowl" without "UT."

*misses PAC 10 ball living in Big Ten (they can't even count) country*

Georgia kicked ass...Ga Tech gave 'em a good run for their money, which is really all I can ask for as they were expected to get clobbered by Notre Dame. LSU beat up ULALA, which is quite expected.
I am looking forward to tonights game - Florida State vs. Miami. DA U!

Ah yes, the game to see which "national championship contender" will be out of the title chase by Labor Day... the winner will still be in the hunt until a head-scratcher of a loss late in the season to a team like North Carolina or Clemson.

OH! And then there is Alabama hosting Hawaii at 4pm.

My prediction for that one: Alabama 25, Hawaii 17. Colt Brennan will pass for 349 yards, but the Tide defense will hold the Warriors to 29 yards on the ground and force three turnovers.

:D

Are you trying to tell me that this game I am looking forward to is a rerun? Did you just ruin it for me? Don't make me trout you.

*misses PAC 10 ball living in Big Ten (they can't even count) country*

Most of the "Ancient 8" don't even start playing for two more weeks. Some foolish idea about education being more important than football...

Back