the best goodnight kiss .. EVER

nalani

For the last two nights, I'd be on my bed winding down after an extremely loooong day of teaching and learning ... well .. without a word, K. Lo (ku'u's baby girl) would climb up on my bed ... crawl over to me .. kiss me .. say ''night, Kanani .. i lub you" then crawl backwards off my bed and go home ... ~sighs happily~

that's it ... that's what it's all about.

On the flip side of this is when your kid crawls into bed with you whimpering from a fever...like mine did last night. We clocked him at 102.2F at about 2am or so. I was up when he joined us because my insomnia isn't playing nice, so I got to him first. Poor little kid was burning up!

Cold compresses, some water and some liquid anti-fever meds helped out a bit so he slept but I still couldn't sleep much. The fact that he 'talks' in his sleep and continued whimpering despite having fallen asleep didn't help.

He was fine this morning, Thank God!

I, on the other hand, am working on 2 hours of sleep. :p

she didn't come to kiss you good night last night ... wanna know why? mommy and daughter were having a temper tantrum standoff because a certain 2-year old was refusing to go to sleep. at one point, it seemed as if daughter would win, but mommy won out at the end.

could you hear my yelling at her?
her eyes are all puffy this morning from all her crying.

I didn't hear a thing except my own sobs at "Extreme Makeover, Home Edition" ... shoulda sent her on over to give Kanani a kissy .. maybe that's why she didn't wanna go to bed :D

Back