The bird is gone

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Our belly is stuffed. The kids are being quiet (too quiet) & the in-laws have been booted.

Who's going shopping?

Hell no. Day after sales are worse than WW2, Vietnam and Korea all wound together. I will never do that shit again... unless I have some kind of appointment with a limited access environment. (got caught in a Best Buy one year. 30 employees there and noone working. All lanes open; all lanes 3/4 of the store back deep. Navigation, purchasing, everything was impossible. I was just there to pick up a copy of Zelda on preorder a few years back... it took 3 hours. Never again)

No friggin way. You couldn't drag me to a mall. Besides, I'm driving up to Albany to see my grandma. Good way to kill the day...stuck in horrendous traffic.....fun.

shopping? hell no. still have nightmares from way back when i used to work retail.
i'll be safe at work.

No, ALbany from Coquille. And it's 3 hours.

For someone who drives trucks you would this guy would know how to read a friggin map. :eek6:

:D

:rofl4: I'd rather go to Balad, and stand in the middle of a mortar attack. Women are absolutely insane when the words "Day After Thanksgiving Sale" are mentioned...;)

Gonz said:
I sit here wondering, what the hell are those people thinking?

Optimist. ;) A fair percentage of those folks are not capable of thought, and most of the rest have suspended it for the day in favor of being sheep to mammon.

That may be the only thing worse than black friday shopping. Although, the Friday after the holiday won't match the Sunday following.

i only get up at 6:00 in the morning if someone is paying me...not me paying them. i had to deal with these cranky fucks at work today. i hate when people get gripey when they actually have to wait for a table. i mean, don't understand that everyone went out shopping ass early this morning and everyone is gonna wanna get a bite to eat just like you? and wtf can i do about it anyway? kick people out mid-meal just because they are hungry and want to eat?
*whew* i feel a little better.

hehe i went to walmart and had them pricematch call of duty for 9.99. that was my extent of shopping. The wife did go though, and man is she crancky....

I have yet to see the item that will get me out of bed before dawn.

I stayed home and out of the crazy people's way. Made a quick trip to the post office for some Christmas stamps --- the workers were standing around looking for customers. Guess everyone was shopping.

The spouse went to a couple of places this morning. Left about 5, was back (with biscuits...yumm) by a little after 7. Me, only shopping I did was online. I ain't about to get out in that MCF if I can help it.

MCF...Mongolian Cluster...

Got some stuff from cduniverse, ebay, and Dixie Outfitters ordered. Got all the inspiration and hints I needed to complete the holiday shopping experience as well. Shouldn't be too bad...I hope...

They still let a feller tote a 12 guage to Barnes & Noble, right? :devious:

Gonna go keelhaul some leftovers shortly...C-y'all.

Back