The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
we're sitting here watching it AGAIN...

and Zach pipes up and starts rambling about how [condensed version for the fainthearted]it must be the best cartoon ever made because it has been on for like a hundred years and kids still watch it and grownups still watch it and everybody laughs still when they watch it.[/condensed version for the faint hearted]

I kinda think he may be on to something...between this and mickey mouse and gang...I don't think it ever got any better.

mailanim02.gif

Rose

screw mickey. Grrrr.

I don't know. Bugs is damn'd funny and it's true that through the years, repeat after repeat, it still keeps kids and adults laughing.

But I don't think I'd go so far as saying it doesn't get any better. I think a lot of the appeal is nostalgia and iconism.

When you dig down to it - it is an old cartoon. There are much better animated cartoons, funnier, wittier, etc ... out now. I mean ... just like old movies - while still very good - really aren't much "better" than today's movies in terms of production and depth. :s Am I making sense?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I agree that some of them are funny(ier) but I don't see any of em being around in a few decades though :shrug:

Professur

I was disgusted and offended when they stopped the Road Runner blowing up Wylie. PC bastards. Kill 'em all.

Oz

The episodes of bugs that featured Marvin the Martian were always my fave :D

Oh.......and any cartoon with Yosemite Sam :lol2:

tonksy

there is this one tom and jerry episode that sticks with me...tom's done something and this aunt jemima type is berating him and she makes this "doot-doot-doot" noise and for some reason i picked it up...i make this noise whenever i want to say big deal or whatever or piss off...but as a general rule i didn't watch them.

halamikage

Oz said:
The episodes of bugs that featured Marvin the Martian were always my fave :D
Hands down one of my fav characters from Looney Tunes...
"where's the kaboom? There's sopposed to be an earth shattering kaboom from my elodium p-36 explosive space margulator!"
I have no idea if the spellings right but hellah funny!

ahhh...the memories!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:hmm:

they have just started showing duck dodgers every day here...it's great seeing the boys laughing at the same things i memorized :D

greenfreak

tonks said:
there is this one tom and jerry episode that sticks with me...tom's done something and this aunt jemima type is berating him and she makes this "doot-doot-doot" noise and for some reason i picked it up...i make this noise whenever i want to say big deal or whatever or piss off...but as a general rule i didn't watch them.

That's precisely what the censored most, the "Aunt Jemima" type.

My favorite Tom & Jerry is when Tom is playing the classical music to get Jerry to come out and dance so he can snatch him up... and they wind up doing a concert... Or the one where they flood the kitchen, then freeze it and go ice skating... Or the one where Jerry goes to Manhattan and dances on the tabletop with the little dolls. Funny that my favorites have more to do with music and dancing than they do violence or racism. :shrug: :D

freako104

I used to love Yosimte Sam and Elmur Fudd myself. Marvin was a fave of my sister and me back when we were growing up(and to think were 10 years apart and we watched cartoons like that. and i used to love the ebba ebba thats all folks by Porky :D