The countdown begins( Return of the King )

HeXp£Øi±

Nine days and counting. I really don't know what's going to happen either since i haven't read the last book yet. I'll definetely be going to the premiere.

I read the books years ago, but what happened in the second movie is not exactly what happened in the book. Have to see...

When I found out what Jackson did to Faramir's role, I took a pass on TTT. I may take a look at the extended edition to see how badly he did mangle it, but I'm not at all sure I can watch his interpretation of The Return of the King unless I'm heavily sedated. :rolleyes:

yes....I'm a fan of the books, having read The Lord of the Rings about 15 times over the past twenty-five years... :blush:

Well, they're never exactly the same. It's usually just the basic storyline that's followed from the book. I think it's amazing just how much material actually was translated onto the screen. imo some people are just too overcritical of Peter Jackson. This entire production is just so huge and amazing, i just can't imagine that anyone else could have done a better job.

Agreed. I just happen to feel no one should have attempted it. :shrug:

I did have high hopes when I heard Jackson refer to Hollywood as "Mordor" but they were dashed when I saw how he sold out to the box office and made just another action movie. :crying3:

I do agree that movie productions go astray and tweak the base story to achieve their own ends ... but there are limits. Some of the things done were fundamental Earth-shattering modifications that are as far fetched as Darth Vader in drag.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Well, they're never exactly the same. It's usually just the basic storyline that's followed from the book. I think it's amazing just how much material actually was translated onto the screen. imo some people are just too overcritical of Peter Jackson. This entire production is just so huge and amazing, i just can't imagine that anyone else could have done a better job.
I feel the same way. A movie from a novel is necessarily an interpretive work, you may or may not agree with the interpretation.

I'm just super psyched to see it - I keep hearing news from near and far that it is the best of the trilogy. :jump:

books are always better. there is not a movie that lives upto the book(not usually it is very rare if ever). But i am excited. me and a former co-worker are going together and then I will see it wiht the fam :)

Never seen any of the movies, or read the books. I've heard equal sides to whether I'm missing anything or not. :shrug:

i read the books after i saw FoTR. despite what inconsistencies there are between the books and the movies, i look at the movies as just that, movies. movies that I think are very well done.

yeah, i'm pretty psyched for RoTK.

I would be in line with my buddies to see it at midnight as it comes out, but I shall be on a plane at the time.

Ms Ann Thrope said:
When I found out what Jackson did to Faramir's role, I took a pass on TTT. I may take a look at the extended edition to see how badly he did mangle it

You should. Although I still think they could have done a better job with showing Faramir as the more sensitive man he was in the book, the extended edition goes into much greater detail on what drove him to keep Frodo and Sam in his grasp. It played up the relationship with Boromir and their father too. I understand why they took it out though, it felt strained, like a typical cheesy ploy for a father's pride.

Mirlyn said:
Never seen any of the movies, or read the books. I've heard equal sides to whether I'm missing anything or not. :shrug:

Do not trust the nay sayers. You are missing out a lot.

greenfreak said:
You should. Although I still think they could have done a better job with showing Faramir as the more sensitive man he was in the book, the extended edition goes into much greater detail on what drove him to keep Frodo and Sam in his grasp. It played up the relationship with Boromir and their father too. I understand why they took it out though, it felt strained, like a typical cheesy ploy for a father's pride.

That doesn't sound right either. :disgust: He was one of the few men (human) to show real nobility in the book, although even there Tolkien nudges the reader to possibly detect the air of Numenor...

Still, I'll prolly take a look at it and hopefully I won't damage the TV beyond repair when fury takes me. ;)

I got my ticket for dic 17th at 5:50pm, I could have gotten it for the 9:00am show, but I'm having an exam that day at 12:00pm.........*bugger*

wouldnt suprise me if hes serious as many countries get the movies a while after some others have had it in theatres.

Back