the dumb things kids do

bike grounded for just 2 days?

when i was a kid i would have gotten no less than 14 days for that.

If one of us did that my parents' first reaction would be to rush over to make sure we were alright ... and then once they found out we were ... we'd get our asses kicked for being stupid :spank:

...my brother actually did that ... but he didn't bike downhill into a car ... he slammed into a neighbor's wall :tardbang:

This is too ironic.

Rusty fell off our bike today and got scraped up pretty bad. He only really learned to ride a bike a couple of years ago (I taught him) and he had the day off from work today so he took a ride. He was trying to turn a corner and lost his balance and fell off.

Deep scrapes and a welt on his right knee, four inch scrapes on his right elbow, a big bump on his chin, one scrape on his left arm and cuts on both hands. All of them raw and red from losing a couple of layers of skin.

It sounds really stupid, but when I saw him, I actually had sympathy pain. :( I can't imagine what a wreck I'd be if there really was something wrong with him.

Once the bruises come out, he's going to look worse than he does now, especially the one on his chin. But nothing's worth stitches, thankfully enough. Watch out on those bikes, people!! :)

greenfreak said:
I actually had sympathy pain.
My lovely wife (an RN for 20 years so far) says that is perfectly normal. Hey, we are talking bicycle, right?
Do you guys know about counter-steering?

My Rusty isn't very coordinated chcr and he's out of practice from last summer. You could even say in regards to riding a bike, he's 'rusty'. Ha! Ha! :D

I'm not surprised at all that this happened, it's typical Rusty. I was surprised at how bad he looked though. Steve, you're right, we should get him some protective equipment. Looks funny on a grown man but it helps with the injuries he's bound to get!! :)

Man, talk about sympathy pain... I got a look at his hands this morning, they look pretty bad too but they're clean wounds at least. And when he was getting out of the car at work this morning, he put his hand on my knee and I wasn't paying attention, and patted his hand a little too hard. He immediately whipped his hand away in pain, and I actually got tears in my eyes because I felt so bad hurting him. I'm such a sap with him. I really feel like a Mom sometimes.

Yes, Prof, we share a bike. Actually, it's my bike, I've had it for years and we just never got another one. When I can find a bike seat that doesn't make my ass hurt, I'll get another one. Till then, he'll ride the bike and I walk or vice versa. There's one seat I've seen that would probably be good but it looks retarded.

GF, have you tried going to a custom bike shop? I've seen several gel filled seats. Verra naaassssse. After all, us guys have to look after the equipment.

I did, and that's exactly what I got! I thought that was going to be fine. But I just think I need something wider, because it's the bones that are aching in my butt, not the (ample) cushioning I've got back there.

You've seen those really wide seats, they look stupid. Especially on a mountain bike.

Fuck what they look like. I'm not having the twins hammered because of what someone thinks my seat looks like. I got the gel filled, double wide seat and enjoyed every minute of it.

i rode one of them pedal brake ones in copenhagen last year, didn't know about them for a while, kept jumping off to stop. then i found them by accident and nearly fell into a lake :D

Wow, take a look at this one:

easy.gif

Must be for ladies. Can you imagine getting the twins caught in that thing?? :eek:

Back