The End of an Era

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
a North American (maybe world wide?) instition might be undone be the invention of one company.

Dickies announces an end to PLUMBER BUTT

Dickies fights posterior exposure
FORT WORTH, Texas, Aug. 8 (UPI) -- Fort Worth, Texas, pants manufacturer Williamson-Dickie has announced plans for a line of jeans designed to prevent rear-end exposure.

The company said it will drop the waistband on its Dickies work jeans by a few inches and add extra room in the seat of the pants, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Tuesday.

"When you wear a jean and the waist doesn't hit you in the right place and you're carrying a few extra pounds, it can slip down," said Jon Ragsdale, Williamson-Dickie's vice president of marketing.

The announcement has been welcomed by many forced to bend over in their jobs, including plumbers, a profession notorious for exposure problems.

"We bend over a lot, so I guess people happen to notice it a lot more with us," said plumber Roy Wagner, of White Settlement, Ind. "It's a waist issue."

Ragsdale said the issue does not create much discussion at the company.

"We don't talk about that too much anymore here," Ragsdale said. However, he said: "If there's anything we can do to beautify America, we're in favor of doing it."

link

Beautifying america, or changing it??????

But it's starting out lower, instead of starting higher and sliding down... so it's like they're giving up the fight and making it low to begin with.

Because it will hit below the waist so when you bend and twist it will not be manipulated by your movements. Also, by adding extra room in the seat it will allow for the shape of a bent over rear. Although, I must say i hope they are planning to dart the back of the pants or they'll look like a bubble butt when they stand.

tonksy said:
Because it will hit below the waist so when you bend and twist it will not be manipulated by your movements. Also, by adding extra room in the seat it will allow for the shape of a bent over rear. Although, I must say i hope they are planning to dart the back of the pants or they'll look like a bubble butt when they stand.

Never fucking happy, are ya?

You know, I've been wearing Dickies pants for years and years and I've never had a problem keeping my ass inside them.

paul_valaru said:
dammit inky I'm a hotel clerk, not a tailor

Now you are a tailor..

There goes the neiborhood, I like a little butt clevage if she is laking in the looks department...

tonksy said:

Yes

Twas too early for me to bother typing all that...the idea isn't to prevent the crack from showing WHEN the pants slip, it's to prevent the pants from slipping at all.

I guess we won't see any more reality TV shows where the kids or "bored" housewives start getting busy with their plumber or gardener. Crap... No more hybrid American-Mexican children. Man life is going to suck after this.

Not everyone wears Dickies, y'know.

And it's not only men, or plumbers. I was out shopping last night (browsing out of boredom, actually) and I saw this woman with serious butt cleavage going on. I was sooo tempted to try the pencil drop test.

Back