The inlaws

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
are coming over tomorrow to do the Christmas thing. I briefly said to hubby a couple of days ago that it'd be easier to have them here than for all of us to go there, so he took it upon himself to call his dad and stepmom and tell them that I want to cook a turkey for them :blank:

so now I gotta go out today and buy fixings, and buy gifts to replace the ones we'd previously bought them that the dog ate while we were away over Xmas, and clean the house, and then get up and make turkey tomorrow morning :retard:

woohoo? :confbang:

Its never easier to be the one putting on a show. Do you have the room to put them up for the night ... or do they live close enough to hoof it back home? I guess you wont be back on to answer this until the deed is done. We need a full report.

lol they can GO after dinner, they're only about an hour and a half away :D

It's gonna be some show...
I'm wondering how many canned and boxed stuffs I can get away with :lol:

stuffing, bread, and cranberries can be a fast bypass. Softer veggies like peas and asparagus can come from a can ... but stuff like potatoes and carrots really should be from scratch.

Stuffing will definitely be out of a box or four, peas and corn will be frozen (possibly I'll do fresh brussels), potatoes unfortunately I'll have to do, but I can make a creamcheese one tonight and just bake tomorrow...ack I do NOT feel like making pie...I'll just have to buy dessert and they'll have to be happy with it.

Too bad im not in the area. I had a hand in making at least 4 pies a 3 cakes while I was down at moms. I'm in a strong bakers stride right now. I could whip up some serious chow for ya... take half of the steam off.

I need a chef!

ah well, they are family, but they're his family, so if they don't like it, they can stick it where the sun don't shine :D

Unc said:
Softer veggies like peas and asparagus can come from a can

Asparagus from a can.... *puke*

Buy it fresh, get the steamer going good, put the asparagus in for just five minutes and then dump it into a serving bowl. Meanwhile, melt a stick of butter in a small pan, add a dollop each of honey and mustard, stir, and then poor that over the asparagus. C'est magnifique!

didnt say it was fab ... just passable in a pinch. Im not much of an asparagus fan, so canned is just as good as steamed to me.

bleurgh :sick:
vsausag.JPG

*puke*

Back