The kids are alright 2

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

A high school basketball coach in California who used the dreaded N-word in course of quoting someone else has been removed from his post even though none of the students who heard the word said they were offended, reports the Fresno Bee.

Edison High School coach Ben Gonzalez used the slur at a team BBQ over the summer. He told his players that some folks in the community told him he could better communicate with his players if he joined them in their use of the word "nigger" in casual conversation.

His players said he apologized and that they weren't offended at all, but one parent who got wind of it raised enough hell for Gonzalez to be removed as coach. Parent Micalandis Leslie said any use of the word is innappropriate and offensive.

The players themselves, and their families, voted unanimously to keep Gonzalez as coach, but they were overruled by administrators. The players also have appealed, so far unsuccessfully, to the local school board.

**end**

[SnP on telephone] Hello, Billy Bob's All Night Bait and Tackle Gun and Ammo Discount Cigarette Outlet? I need bullets. Lots of them. Oh, and a fake ID, a Greyhound ticket to Fresno, and a carton of my usual. Be there in ten minutes. Thanks.[/SnP on telephone]

Professur said:
I'm suprised they were able to even touch a latino.

You ain't the only one. Here's the kicker...if nobody was offended, why the fuss? That one 'parent' needs some counseling. That person has issues.

Then again...there was that issue not to long ago with J Lo...:shrug:

WHat took the Thought Police so long? 1984 was, like, 21 years ago.

Edison High School is right smack dab in the middle of the black part of town.

In general, Fresno plays out like this: Black people tend to be concentrated in the southwest part of the city. The Hmong are in the southeast. The whites are in the north part, with Armenians generally grouped in with the whites, and the Hispanics are in the center. That doesn't mean you won't find black people in the north part of town or whites in the south, but in general that's where the heavy concentrations are.

Back