The marketing powers of Nascar

POStech

I was driving along highway 9 the other day and notice a Lowes being built.
The first thing I though of....Jimmie Johnson.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I was driving along highway 9 the other day and notice a Lowes being built.
The first thing I though of....Jimmy Johnson.

Why would you think of a retired football coach? The driver is named Jimmie. [/pedanticman]

I was a lifelong fan until they decided longtime fans didn't matter anymore. When Darlington lost the Labor Day weekend race, I quit cold turkey.

POStech

There SnP fixed just for you sir.
There's a bunch of things I don't like about Nascar, the biggest is the top 35 drivers in owners point get in the race no matter what. That's a steaming pile of donkey shit.

TexasRaceLady

There SnP fixed just for you sir.
There's a bunch of things I don't like about Nascar, the biggest is the top 35 drivers in owners point get in the race no matter what. That's a steaming pile of donkey shit.

Count me in with you --- the fastest 43 race. Go fast, or go home.

Altron

Why would you think of a retired football coach? The driver is named Jimmie. [/pedanticman]

I was a lifelong fan until they decided longtime fans didn't matter anymore. When Darlington lost the Labor Day weekend race, I quit cold turkey.

Nothin' about Jim Johnson is retired... you ever see the Eagles defense? All him right there.

chcr

Too cute for words
I've never been particularly interested in NASCAR myself. I like motorcycle road racing, F1 and World Rally in that order. I'll watch almost any sort of motor sport but those are the ones I really enjoy. I find NASCAR to be generally boring.

TexasRaceLady

I became a fan in 1979. Due to money and time, didn't get to attend a race until 1994. The first time I felt the cars go by at speed, I was hooked for good. Have attended 35+ races all over the country.

I blame MrTRL for my addiction, though. After we graduated from high school, one of our first dates was to the drag races. His brother worked on D-sport class Corvette. In the 70s, we were into short-track dirt with a late model.

Hence, my name. ;)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I cut my teeth on dirt tracks too. My earliest memory in life is sitting at the old Kingsport (TN) Speedway at a Late Model Sportsman (Busch series) race. L.D. Ottinger won it. After the race, my dad took me into the pits where I got Tiny Lund's autograph, about 6 months before he died. Dad used to custom build a lot of stuff for the Wood Brothers, Holliman/Moody, Banjo Matthews, all the big names except the Pettys. He even had a part on Bill Elliott's "Winston Million" car.

Inkara1

My cousin was first in points among rookies this past season at the Santa Maria Speedway in the Bandit Sprints (imagine World of Outlaws cars without the wings on top). Of course, that's just because he was actually at all the races; he finished close to last at all of them. But he was also learning the ropes of having a sprint car instead of a modified or something. He was so low-budget the oil pump is actually driven by the engine instead of electrically, and so low-budget he only had an enclosed trailer when he could borrow one. I think he should start challenging more next year, though.

It really sucks when a sprint car race has to be red-flagged, because it takes forever to get all the cars going again, even though that track has four or five push trucks on duty.

POStech

I've never been particularly interested in NASCAR myself. I like motorcycle road racing, F1 and World Rally in that order. I'll watch almost any sort of motor sport but those are the ones I really enjoy. I find NASCAR to be generally boring.

Nascar is not my fav by far. I love F1 and WRC. I was pissed at Speed TV when they stop showing the WRC races to make way for yet another fucking Nascar show. I guess 10 Nascar shows a day was not enough they needed to add one more.

F1 races are the reason I bought my TV capture card. I have a hard time waking up at 7AM on Sundays. That way if I sleep in I can watch it later on my PC.

I basiclly love any type of road racing. Moto GP is awesome and just seeing how fast those guys whip around a corner on one knee, damn!