The Navy

BeardofPants said:
As some of you may know, I was interviewing for a job as a civilian working as a geospatial analyst for the Geospatial Facility based on the naval base in Auckland. They provide maps and data to all the defense forces - army, navy, airforce, etc - but they also do other stuff as well and are partaking in the Digital Earth project. Anyway, they've come back to me with an offer!! At the moment they are checking my references and seeing if I qualify for Top Secret security clearance. Once my references check out, we'll be negotiating a start date. I'm so excited - I've not quite finished university (post-grad GIS/Remote Sensing) yet as I have one more paper to do, and I'm currently working fulltime with the local council mapping their assets for them, so this move will place me in a really good position for someone who hasn't finished their post-grad yet. :D Did I mention that the money is also really sweet? :grinyes:

Oh, and thanks heaps Homie for all that advise you gave me way back when at the beginning of this year - it helped heaps. :)

:thumbup: Glad it was effective.

Back