The new 2005 Ford Gaydar

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

Gay rights groups are criticizing the Ford Motor Co. for not advertising in gay-themed media, according to the Detroit News, apparently taking the position that Ford has no right to decide for itself where to spend its ad dollars.

The activists say Ford is caving to pressure from pro-family groups like the American Family Association. They call the decision to stop advertising Jaguar and Land Rovers in gay magazines an "effort to appease a handful of vocal extremists."

Ford officials said simply that advertising decisions would be based only on business interests and not politics.
**end**

I bolded what my response would have been.

SouthernN'Proud said:
from tonguetied.us

They call the decision to stop advertising Jaguar and Land Rovers in gay magazines an "effort to appease a handful of vocal extremists."

Ummm...

1. Isn't that how the ads got placed in those magazines to begin with?
2. Isn't the main reason said ads are being yanked is because that market is small, so the ads are not justified?

Gato_Solo said:
Ummm...

2. Isn't the main reason said ads are being yanked is because that market is small, so the ads are not justified?
1. Yes.
2. As a matter of fact, yes.
:D

Gato_Solo said:
Ummm...

1. What reason do you have for thinking that?
2. If you read the original post you will see "caving to pressure from pro-family groups like the American Family Association" is reported as the reason.

Pro-family groups like the American Family Association are apparently taking the position that Ford has no right to decide for itself where to spend its ad dollars.

flavio said:
1. What reason do you have for thinking that?
2. If you read the original post you will see "caving to pressure from pro-family groups like the American Family Association" is reported as the reason.

Pro-family groups like the American Family Association are apparently taking the position that Ford has no right to decide for itself where to spend its ad dollars.

1. Because that's how the ads got there in the first place. I need no other reason than that...any more than that group blaming another group for Ford pulling the ads.

2. If you read the original post, you'll see that the group representing the gays states that as a reason...not Ford. If you also notice, they are the ones deciding where Ford should spend their ad dollars by making that claim.

Gato_Solo said:
1. Because that's how the ads got there in the first place
Source???

2. If you read the original post, you'll see that the group representing the gays states that as a reason...not Ford. If you also notice, they are the ones deciding where Ford should spend their ad dollars by making that claim.
No, the first ones deciding where Ford should spend their ad dollars was the American Family Association as their boycott came before any protest by the gay rights groups.

Ford will again advertise in gay publications

Ford is not ordering those luxury brands to resume their specific ads. Rather, the company's ads in the publications will promote all of its lines, which also include Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Volvo and Aston Martin.

:shrug:

flavio said:
Source???

No, the first ones deciding where Ford should spend their ad dollars was the American Family Association as their boycott came before any protest by the gay rights groups.

How can you have a boycott before the ads are in existence? :rofl: Also...and this is a good one...if Ford decides to yank all ads from a magazine, regardless of content, whose business is that except the company who's paying for the ad space?

Gato_Solo said:
How can you have a boycott before the ads are in existence?
Where is it said the boycott was before the ads....source??

Also...and this is a good one...if Ford decides to yank all ads from a magazine, regardless of content, whose business is that except the company who's paying for the ad space?
This is better....If Ford decides to place ads regardless of content who's business is that except the company who's paying for the ad space?

Gato said:
1. Because that's how the ads got there in the first place

Source??

Gato_Solo said:
Personal opinion based upon 20 years of observation of people in general.
Heh...in other words you can't back up two of your claims at all. Imagine you giving me shit for not providing a source (when the source was evident ) a couple days ago. How hypocritical is that considering my source was there all along and you have none?

Obviously your credibility is now set to 0%.

Gato_Solo said:
Personal opinion based upon 20 years of observation of people in general.
Now now... we all know his opiniopn is the only one that's relevant and truthful. and if you disagree, he'll take what you say, change two or three words and repost it... and end his posts with [/weak], because that's the mark of all great internet debaters.

flavio said:
Heh...in other words you can't back up two of your claims at all. Imagine you giving me shit for not providing a source (when the source was evident ) a couple days ago. How hypocritical is that considering my source was there all along and you have none?

Obviously your credibility is now set to 0%.

Nope.
1. Take a look again at what they were complaining about, what is actually going on, and then tell me that my personal opinion means squat.
2. Your little blurb was in quote format, which almost requires a source. Mine was straight out. If you can't figure out the difference between a quote and an opinion, perhaps you shouldn't play here.

Oh yeah...one more thing...

The whole gay community can be classified as a handful of extremists. After all...they make up less than 10% of the entire human population...

Gato_Solo said:
The whole gay community can be classified as a handful of extremists. After all...they make up less than 10% of the entire human population...

And with no capacity to breed offspring, their numbers should be dwindling every day. Since, you know, this is all genetic and in no way a choice. :evilcool:

Inkara1 said:
Now now... we all know his opiniopn is the only one that's relevant and truthful. and if you disagree, he'll take what you say, change two or three words and repost it... and end his posts with [/weak], because that's the mark of all great internet debaters.

Who, me? :confused:

Gato_Solo said:
Nope.
1. Take a look again at what they were complaining about, what is actually going on, and then tell me that my personal opinion means squat.
Your personal opinion means squat.

2. Your little blurb was in quote format, which almost requires a source. Mine was straight out. If you can't figure out the difference between a quote and an opinion, perhaps you shouldn't play here.
You presented your opinion as fact. If you can't backup what you say you should STFU.

Oh yeah...one more thing...

"Extremists" who subscribe to Motor Trend and members of the American Family Association are most likely less than 10% of the population.....are you going to come up whith a point sometime here?

flavio said:
Your personal opinion means squat.

At least I don't put it in Quote tags...

flamio said:
You presented your opinion as fact. If you can't backup what you say you should STFU.

Where?

[/Quote=flamio]
"Extremists" who subscribe to Motor Trend and members of the American Family Association are most likely less than 10% of the population.....are you going to come up whith a point sometime here?[/QUOTE]

So that makes the readers of the gay magazines only 1%. What's your point?

flavio said:
Who does?

So when you have an item in quote tags, it should be followed, or linked, to a source.

And I've never quoted something without linking it, or telling where I got it. Grow up and stop crying about being called on it.

flamio said:
Point is you had no point.

Point is you have a group of extremists who think that, by screaming the loudest, they can force the majority to accept their choices in life. By refusing to see that, you have become a mindless drone, accepting of everything that somebody tells you is good.

Back