the new 7 wonders

Inkara1

KFC in Paris does not impress me. Mauritius has KFC, McDonalds and a Pizza Hut. Now that's wonderous! Mauritius BTW is a tiny island east of South Africa with a population of just over 1 million.
It impresses me just because I thought the French hated America and everything American.

BlurOfSerenity

I've never understood why anyone would want to travel across the world to eat at the trashy fast food joints they can find at home.

when we were over there, it was very comforting to my parents and i to know that if all else failed, we could always go to mcdonalds or pizza hut!

tonksy

when we were over there, it was very comforting to my parents and i to know that if all else failed, we could always go to mcdonalds or pizza hut!

Well...I guess that makes sense. I used to get pissed off at my Navy friends when as soon as we'd step of the boat in France or Spain they wanted to hit the McDonals's. Never mind that there were any multitude of lovely sidewalk cafes and eateries with fresh cuisine of that particular country.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
We went to Subway in Greece...after a day of walking around for hours and hours, and a breakfast and lunch of some VERY amazing greek food we just wanted to eat dinner in our room so we grabbed subway...I didn't seek it out though.

We did go to McDonalds on our last night, well, I didn't...I had souvlaki in a pita from a little corner shop, my mom and brother tried things in mcdonalds we don't have here. Sometimes it's fun to explore the differences between here and there, even in crappy fast food places. That said, if I was only in a place for a day or a couple meals I wouldn't choose fast food.

2minkey

bootlicker
what's really amazing here is that winky has yet to post a not-even-half-his-age chick as a "wonder."

posted "penis." and a penis-substitute pony car. but no chick.

BlurOfSerenity

i was reading about the new 7 wonders on wikipedia yesterday, and another cool list is the list of unesco world heritage sites. some of them are amazing.

kuulani

Well...I guess that makes sense. I used to get pissed off at my Navy friends when as soon as we'd step of the boat in France or Spain they wanted to hit the McDonals's. Never mind that there were any multitude of lovely sidewalk cafes and eateries with fresh cuisine of that particular country.

I love trying foreign cuisine when in a different country ... some is a bit scary though :crap: