The Passion of an Idiot.

IDLEchild

The Associated Press reports that a 24-year Maine man tried to commit suicide by nailing himself to a cross. Lt. Pierre Boucher said the man took two pieces of wood, nailed them together in the form of a cross and placed them on the floor. He attached a suicide sign to the wood and then proceeded to nail one of his hands to the makeshift cross using a 14-penny nail and a hammer. "When he realized that he was unable to nail his other hand to the board, he called 911," Boucher said.

Oz

freako104 said:
isnt assissted suicide against the law? plus hes an idiot

dunno if assisted suicide is against the law (I know it is in the UK)......but as far as I can see, if anyone is dumb enough to want to nail 'emselves to a cross ...... then every endeavor should be made to help 'em......leaves more oxygen for the rest of us.

chcr

Too cute for words
I heard this on the news Monday. My question is: If you're going to kill yourself, how do you keep the phone nearby to call 911???? Sounds to me like he lacks the courage of his convictions.

freako104

Oz said:
dunno if assisted suicide is against the law (I know it is in the UK)......but as far as I can see, if anyone is dumb enough to want to nail 'emselves to a cross ...... then every endeavor should be made to help 'em......leaves more oxygen for the rest of us.

unless they repealed the law it is here too. Its why Jack Kevorkian was arrested

Professur

Well, he made more than one mistake. It isn't the being nailed bit that does you in, it the degradation of the chest muscles from holding your ass up that causes you to stop breathing. Being nailed to a cross on the floor is not much more traumatic than being tied up in bed. Not to mention that if the asshole had the hammer that close, he could have just pulled the nail back out himself.

Fucking americans. Always believing what you see in movies.:rolleyes:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
Well, he made more than one mistake. It isn't the being nailed bit that does you in, it the degradation of the chest muscles from holding your ass up that causes you to stop breathing. Being nailed to a cross on the floor is not much more traumatic than being tied up in bed. Not to mention that if the asshole had the hammer that close, he could have just pulled the nail back out himself.

Fucking americans. Always believing what you see in movies.:rolleyes:

So...just how would a proper Scot do it?

Nevermind...Maybe I should address one, first... :lol:

Cheese

hmmm...for a minute there I thought he called 911 to ask them if they could finish off the job for him.

Oh well...