The PerseidMeteor shower

ResearchMonkey

THe kids and I have gotten up the last two morning to watch it for bit. Although I keep falling asleep in my chair.

We can't really split to the cabin for good viewing right now, the viewing is far better there.

We're you able see the other light show last week?

MrBishop

THe kids and I have gotten up the last two morning to watch it for bit. Although I keep falling asleep in my chair.

We can't really split to the cabin for good viewing right now, the viewing is far better there.

We're you able see the other light show last week?

Finding dark skies around here means a drive, which would've been fine if we hadn't had such extensive cloud cover. I decided to save the fuel and just find a spot along a clearing for power-lines and see if I could get any shots.

I saw about 4 meteors, one large enough to look like a mini fireball. No decent pics. I'm hoping that the clouds go away tonight and I can drive to the local arboretum with my wide-angle lens in tow.

Dave

Saw a few tonight. They were low on the horizon to the north, which is the same direction as 2 large cities in the area. Lots of light pollution on the horizon.

valkyrie

We saw some of it. We live out in the country so the night sky is full up with stars and planets. Awesome every clear night of the year.