The pitter-patter of little feet

Nixy said:
That I knew...:p I'm in the ballpark of wondering if he is over or under 9 months...I have yet to find someone one walked before they were 9months old (I was 9 months)

My son & many of his cousins. Mine never crawled..he had to go-go-go.

Miss Chopper said:
I have no Kids...and although my child-barring years are are coming to a close..(30ish) I must admit..those of you that have kids, don't make it sound so appealing....don't get me wrong...I know you all love your kids to death...but your talk of how it's really like...makes me wonder why should anyone want children when parents make it sound so overwhelming.

It is overwhelming. Best rule of thumb: if you don't REALLY want 'em, don't have 'em. They will test your resolution and patience every day. The trade-off can be absolutely worth it, but you have to have that need.

Miss Chopper said:
I have no Kids...and although my child-barring years are are coming to a close..(30ish) I must admit..those of you that have kids, don't make it sound so appealing....don't get me wrong...I know you all love your kids to death...but your talk of how it's really like...makes me wonder why should anyone want children when parents make it sound so overwhelming.

Ask any skydiver who's had a mishap if he'll jump again. They'll all say yes. Ask any streaker who's been arrested if he'll streak again. They'll say yes.

Ask any parent if it's worth it. They'll all say yes.

Leslie said:
They'll all say yes...

almost always.
Ah, but you would feel differently I bet if the father was a loving husband and father...instead of pond scum...

The thing about parenting...nobody wants to do it but we all do. I had no desire to become a parent. Upon her pregnancy, there was no reasonable need for an abortion, we decided that, "well, fuck, I guess we're parents". His birth changed our very fabric of being. We realized, with some help & lots and lots and lots of learning, that the world is not about us.

Alex is no where close to having "little-pitter-patter" footsteps. That child is more clusmy than me which I did not think was scientifically possible.

Stomp, Stomp, trip, crash, cry, ouch, giggle, stomp stomp...

It's a never ending circle. She doesn't even sleep quietly.

Heavy breath, little snore, mumble, mumble, little snore, roll over, squeak of the mattress, thump, whimper, cry , cry, piddle, flush, "can i have some water?", heavy breathing...

At least that cycle only has the occasional falling out of bed. We turned her bed against the wall so she won't fall out anymore and she gets her full size bed this weekend.

Back