The religion of peace and tolerance strikes again

jimpeel

The Taliban just hates music. There is the possibility her husband staged this but the record speaks for itself. Numerous singers have been threatened, killed, or have fled for their lives.

SOURCE

Pashto singer Ghazala Javed and her father shot dead in Pakistan

PTI | Jun 19, 2012, 11.53AM IST
ISLAMABAD: Well-known Pashto singer Ghazala Javed and her father were shot and killed by unidentified men in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan, police said.

The men fired indiscriminately at Javed and her father Mohammad Javed while she was leaving a beauty parlour at the busy Mohallah Nau in Dabgari Bazar last night, the singer's relatives told police.

The singer's younger sister, Farhat Bibi, escaped unhurt. The attackers, who were riding motorcycles, escaped after the shooting.

Police officials told the media that they were ascertaining details of the attack to establish who was behind the crime. They said the singer's relatives had not asked police to file charges against anyone as yet.

In recent years, several singers and musicians in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province have been gunned down by the local Taliban, who have declared music "un-Islamic".

Several musicians have fled the northwest after receiving threats from the militants.

Police are also looking at the possibility that Javed's death was linked to differences with her husband.

Javed married Jehangir Khan, a native of Peshawar, some two years ago.

Last year, differences emerged between the couple and she left her husband's home and began living with her father.

Javed, who belonged to the erstwhile Taliban stronghold of Swat Valley, had filed a suit for the dissolution of her marriage, media reports said.

The singer rose to prominence after performing on state- run PTV and her audio and video albums were popular both in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and among Pashto people living in the Middle East.

2minkey

bootlicker
wow, the taliban seems to have you beat on the ignorance scale, but hey at least you are still making a good showing. suggesting that those assholes are representative of islam is like claiming that the KKK represents all their christian brothers + the prince of peace.

jimpeel

When entire governments of entire countries and regions are elected by the people and that government is a brutal dictatorship staffed by Islamists, elected by Islamists, then, yes, they do represent all of Islam.

2minkey

bootlicker
what government would that be jim?

the taliban took power by force. today there are islamists in parliament but there are also a bunch (~30%) of women. hmmm. strange that that is possible in taliban land huh? did you notice that thing called the arab spring? did you notice that brutal dictatorships are kinda contested these days, over there, with many different viewpoints arising from the mess? apparently not everyone is an islamist.

even if there were some decent examples of your freely elected brutal islamic dictatorship (pardon my laughter please)... they represent themselves, not everybody else.

your apparent joy in leaping to universal condemnation certainly is telling... and what's really interesting is that you're so caught up in your machinations that you miss where you and the taliban agree. child brides, for one. why winky could get behind it too!

Winky

Fag marriage is the first step towards child brides
guess I should get behind that

jimpeel

what government would that be jim?

the taliban took power by force. today there are islamists in parliament but there are also a bunch (~30%) of women. hmmm. strange that that is possible in taliban land huh? did you notice that thing called the arab spring? did you notice that brutal dictatorships are kinda contested these days, over there, with many different viewpoints arising from the mess? apparently not everyone is an islamist.

even if there were some decent examples of your freely elected brutal islamic dictatorship (pardon my laughter please)... they represent themselves, not everybody else.

your apparent joy in leaping to universal condemnation certainly is telling... and what's really interesting is that you're so caught up in your machinations that you miss where you and the taliban agree. child brides, for one. why winky could get behind it too!

Your so-called "Arab Spring" is a sham. Look at Egypt. The Muslim Brotherhood is coming to power; and they were ELECTED! Just wait to see what happens after they take power.

2minkey

bootlicker
i didn't name it "arab spring" jim. and you just keep getting smaller, and smaller... soon *poof* you will be gone.

the election in egypt is anything but uncontested, and the muslim brotherhood is not that much different from you. they want capitalism as well as traditional moral-religious law. you'd be their best buddy if it weren't for your superficial and nonsensical notions of us and them.

keep spewing shit. let me know if you need to send you some toothpicks.

jimpeel

Stewie-Throwing-Up.gif

That would be you who is spewing shit and defending those who spew shit.

I didn't say you coined the term. You made that up.

You obviously haven't read the latest coming out of Egypt.

My "traditional moral-religious law" doesn't include the abuse of women or Sharia law.

2minkey

bootlicker
"i know you are but what am i?"

good show.

you did refer to "your [my] so-called "arab spring"" which certainly does suggest i have a close connection - real or imagined - to that stuff. quit weaseling.

yes, i have read the latest on egypt, which is why i am able to dispute your nonsense. if you can show me that the election is an obvious landslide in favor of fundamentalist muslims, go for it. familiar with the phrase "within the margin of error?" or perhaps you'd like to suggest that everyone in the US is precisely aligned with obama's goals, cause he did win the last election? oh, right, the rules you apply to them don't apply to us.

you seem to be enthusiastically behind kiddie rapist warren jeffs. if that isn't abuse of woman, what is?

thanks for providing some entertainment.

2minkey

bootlicker
yes, i have read the latest on egypt, which is why i am able to dispute your nonsense. if you can show me that the election is an obvious landslide in favor of fundamentalist muslims, go for it. familiar with the phrase "within the margin of error?" or perhaps you'd like to suggest that everyone in the US is precisely aligned with obama's goals, cause he did win the last election? oh, right, the rules you apply to them don't apply to us.

yeah 48 to 52%.

there's your landslide, ace.

christ, read your own stinking new source. the frontpage of this http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/ has CONTESTED written all over it.

there's nothing in your sources i have not seen already. the so-called "MSM" is okay assuming one knows how to read things critically, and the nonMSmedia is at least as biased. though more obviously - and humorously - so.

how's warren?

jimpeel

The only person on this thread who has used the word "landslide" is you. So how is it "my landslide"?

Haven't seen or heard from Warren since your daughter ran off with him. Must be keeping him happy.

2minkey

bootlicker
landslide just refers to a question you never answered. were it [the egyptian election] a landslide in favor of the mulsim brotherhood, that would sorta support your point of view. but, again, for the nth time NOT EVERYONE OVER THERE AGREES. there are major pockets of dissent of varying forms and interests. you just want to say "they are all the same," just like every other comic book fan. they're not, grand cyclops.

personally i don't see why you're so upset because the muslim brotherhood, again, favors a market economy, just with some overhanging religious morality bullshit. they should be your best buddies.

if you can show me a population with a real, legitimate ability to vote/choose which has clearly and strongly (not marginally) chosen leadership of the sort that is in favor of brutal, medieval-style sharia (not some form of islamic law tempered by modernity and the social demands of capitalism)... well, go for it.

of course if you could answer such questions you would have several posts ago, but instead, it's white noise-filled meanders across flatlandia. yeah jim my daughter ran off with warren jeffs. impressive assertion.

i'll put a tarp down to catch your spittle.

by the way, does US law have any foundation in christianity?

jimpeel

"by the way, does US law have any foundation in christianity?"

Every country has law based on Christian principles -- even Arabic countries. The Ten Commandments is universal.

2minkey

bootlicker
right. 'cause they are mentioned in the vedas. and confucianism. regardless, you are willing to concede that the presence of religious law is not in itself a negative thing?

how familiar are you with how the muslim brotherhood interprets sharia? what's your assessment of turkish society? if bashir assad celebrates easter, does that make his regime christian?

jimpeel

right. 'cause they are mentioned in the vedas. and confucianism. regardless, you are willing to concede that the presence of religious law is not in itself a negative thing?

how familiar are you with how the muslim brotherhood interprets sharia? what's your assessment of turkish society? if bashir assad celebrates easter, does that make his regime christian?

The presence of religion in politics is not a problem as long as it does not dictate those politics. Sharia law dictates the politics.

How they interpret Sharia is not the problem. Sharia is the problem.

Turkey is a unique society that allows mixing of religions. That will end if Muslim extremism is allowed to flourish.

Look at what happened to the ancient Bamiyan Buddhist statues in Afghanistan under the Taliban. They were offered millions of dollars in food relief for their people yet they chose Sharia law over the well being of their population. They blew them up.

Then there is this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...earths-2-600-year-old-Buddhist-monastery.html

It is well that this was not discovered while the Taliban was in power or they would have moved bulldozers to the site immediately.

Obama and Hillary Clinton celebrated Ramadan. Does that make them Muslim?

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah jim no one is suggesting that your like-minded taliban friends are anything less than complete assholes and that their "sharia" is fucked up. posting bad stuff about the taliban is like reporting that water is wet.