The right and wrong way

What's the wrong here? (aside from the fact that the ACLU is involved)

Under the law, race and ethnicity could be used as a basis for making a complaint, as long as they are not “solely or primarily” the factor — leading the plaintiffs to claim the city was sanctioning racism. In court Monday, Kobach announced that the City Council planned to remove those three words, making any complaint even partially based on race or ethnicity automatically invalid

Cleaning up the bill won't stop the racism tho'.

Since Mexicans are, by a rule, not caucasians nor negroes, we have to harass the brown dudes.

If we were stopping those stupid micks from invading, we'd hit all the white guys.

True 'nuff... but what about the people who'll call the cops on anyone that looks Mexican, regardless of whether they're legal or not, or if they have any proof.

race and ethnicity could be used as a basis for making a complaint

"Hey, that there wetback is loitering on my street - call the cops!"

*Doesn't matter if that 'wetback' is a legal immigrant, a doctor, owns a house on that street, and mowing his lawn qualifies as 'loitering' , eh

Happened to us long haired teenagers all the time. Who came to our defense?

Many's the time I was guilty until proven innocent. Remarkably, I survived. I managed to do so sans lawsuit too. I'm probably an unrecognized hero. Somebody get Oprah on the phone.

We are overrun with illegals. Makes life tough for the legals, who are outnumbered by their illegal brethren most often. Still, their treatment is a lot better than a caucasian male in Muslim countries. I don't reckon we're beheading yet.

Better still, don't like the treatment? Go back home, get out of mine. I stay here, never bother you back in old Mexico, not even for a weekend getaway. If I do, and am asked to show my ID, I imagine I could do that without running. I am after all a guest in their country subject to their laws and customs. If I don't agree with them I can go back home.

See, equal really can mean equal. It's not as hard as some would make it.

What's the wrong here? (aside from the fact that the ACLU is involved)

The way some of the citizens are reacting. You don't punish/chastise/insult your neighbor, a legal citizen, because he/she is here legally. You punish illegals because they are not the same.

On another note, the ACLU needs to remember that their acromyn stands for AMERICAN Civil Liberties Union, as in United States...not European, Asian, South American, Canadian, African, etc. If said person they want to defend is a legal citizen or immigrant, they can argue all they like for their case. Otherwise they should :stfu:...;)

True 'nuff... but what about the people who'll call the cops on anyone that looks Mexican, regardless of whether they're legal or not, or if they have any proof.

race and ethnicity could be used as a basis for making a complaint

"Hey, that there wetback is loitering on my street - call the cops!"

*Doesn't matter if that 'wetback' is a legal immigrant, a doctor, owns a house on that street, and mowing his lawn qualifies as 'loitering' , eh

Yep, government sponsored racism. Canadian illegals are just fine.

Well, yea, they're white. Now them french canucks, they are another kettle of fish altogether.

Back