The Smelly Kid ...

nalani

.. is in my class.

I feel so bad because he's sorta big .. and he's a nice boy ... but he smells just awful .. and I have to get close to him to show him how to do certain programs.

Guys ... when you were a teen, how would you have liked someone approach you to "suggest" using deoderant or something? I asked my son and he said "do what you did to me .. take him to the store and let him pick one out" .. but, I'm not that kids parent .. that's not my job .. and I don't want to hurt his feelings but I know that his feelings will be hurt worse by his peers in the long run ..

suggestions?

"You smell bad fatboy!" prolly what they woulda told me when i was a kid if i smelled, cause i was fat, but i took showers mornin and night, made sure i never smelled :grumpy:

Back to the point, i guess a subtle hint is necessary, i don't know the lad so i can't say how'd he'd react to different situations to give my opinion.

sorry i am a bit drunk atm ;)

Ask him if he had a fight with a pile of shit and lost, in a patronising and sarcastic manner. :)

i think you might have to have a frank chat with him, it might be embarrassing but at least the message will be clear and hopefully it will spare him any teasing.

I hope it is that he's just not using deoderant and not because he's overweight and sweats more. Could you imagine smelling like that simply because you were overweight and couldn't control your sweating/body odor? Getting a kid to use deoderant is probably much easier than getting them to lose weight. I knew a kid in junior high like that--she showered twice a day and still smelled--I used to think it was her clothes, that she didn't wash them enough. She lost alot of weight by the time we got into high school and I don't know if it was because she took more pride in herself or what but she smelled a whole lot better!

a phone call to his parents would be better, let them handle the situation.

"Hey smelly boy! GOD ALMIGHTY has ordered you to take a bath. He told me about that!". If he questios you you show him a link to this thread :p

Back