The things some people will do to prove a point

Professur

Sometimes I amaze myself. I just finished installing Windows Nt server ..... 3.51. On a laptop.

And later, I'll be installing Back Office 2.0 full too.

Why, you might ask? To remind my boss just how much longer I've been in this biz than him, and how much more experience I've got. If there's new projects in the works, I don't plan on being left out, just because I'm stuck in the backwater office.

chcr said:
Is there a reason or are you just being geeky?

Close. Proving that I was a geek before geek was cool. Anyone else remember the cool swirl that NT server had, before the '95 'windows' logo?

Try going further, install OS/2 2, or at least warp. He might not even know what that is.

Or try getting to run some of the pre-alpha versions of linux.

Sorry Prof they will get a 20 something for the project
leaving yer dinosaur ass to stew in the stagnant backwaters.

Tis the way of the werld.

Luis G said:
Try going further, install OS/2 2, or at least warp. He might not even know what that is.

This time last year, we were deploying warp server to customers. I've still got the cloning server on hand.

Winky .... just wait until I upgrade this puppy from Back Office 2, to Server 2003. I don't think any young pup in gonna see anything but my dust.

Actually, either. But the upgrade to the new system is the kick in his pants that I'm looking for. As Winky suggested in his own way, I'm considered a bit of an antiquity, if not a relic, for demanding keyboard shortcuts instead of reaching for the mouse all the time.

Does the boss understnd the Tech?

Warp servers????

What in the blue blazes???

Let's do the Time Warp Again!

RockyHorrorShow4.jpg

Actually, the boss is pretty good about that. He knows that he's not at my level. He has neither the desire, nor the capacity. His job is to make sure I can get "our" work done. And ensure that .... everyone else knows they couldn't do it either.

hehe prof i was just going thru some old software and found my disk for os2 and for novel 3.0 up to 5.
I was thinking of building a couple of machines too. just to keep it fresh.

and to think Vista (all nine versions or whatever)
will come on a fricken DVD-ROM!!!

Oh the bad olde days...

Back