The Tim Hortons Coffee Story.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
So, it was a wonderful day Yesterday, nice and sunny out.

we decide to take a nice walk, you know enjoy the scenery, get a coffee.

So the coffee is a "to go" Les is drinking it, enjoying it, and we decide to go to a local eatery for lunch, a nice sit down place (not fast food) and grab a bite. we get there, wait to be seated, get seated, and then realize that she walked in there with her coffee, in it's roll up the rim to win cup.

what was funny is not one person batted an eyelash, like this is normal behavior, they only thing that differed was they offered me a coffee, and not her.

Paso Robles, the town I grew up in and live only 10 miles south of now, has about 28,000 residents. It's about to get its fifth (yes, fifth) Subway location. I'm not sure how a city of 28,000 can eat that many sandwiches, since there are also two Quizno's locations and the various small local delis.

In addition, Starbucks is inside of two grocery stores in that town and has three of its stand-alone drive-thru locations there.

When I worked at the WH people all the time came in with Starbucks or Caribou cups. No big deal. I understand completely. I think the coffee at WH is yuck.

tonksy said:
When I worked at the WH people all the time came in with Starbucks or Caribou cups. No big deal. I understand completely. I think the coffee at WH is yuck.

Oddly enough, the WH we frequented had no trouble at all serving my tea to me in my Tim Horton's travel mug.

I felt like a real heel walking in there with that. Paul pointing and laughing at me didn't help.

Leslie said:
I felt like a real heel walking in there with that. Paul pointing and laughing at me didn't help.

Must've been some real good coffee to make you forget you had it...:D

I'm so used to holding it when I'm outside that I didn't notice I had a cup in my hand. More of a blonde moment.

I won yesterday for the first time on the roll up the rims...only my second timmies since it started though...was actually my second one in two days (I was lacking sleep for awhile)...but it was for a coffee...I only drink cappucino...so I gave it to my friend, she seemed happy :)

tonksy said:

Heresy! Awful Waffle coffee is nectar! It is the bread (or juice if you please) of life! Pray not for the day when a feller can stagger in to his nearest Waffletorium and fail to indulge in the sheer delight of the fruit of the bean with his fellow man! 'Tis the exaltation of the common man, the just reward for his steadfast and largely anonymous (if somewhat greasy) toils!

And don't forget the chili on m'hashbrowns neither...

SouthernN'Proud said:
Heresy! Awful Waffle coffee is nectar! It is the bread (or juice if you please) of life! Pray not for the day when a feller can stagger in to his nearest Waffletorium and fail to indulge in the sheer delight of the fruit of the bean with his fellow man! 'Tis the exaltation of the common man, the just reward for his steadfast and largely anonymous (if somewhat greasy) toils!

And don't forget the chili on m'hashbrowns neither...
annoyed_with_aliens.gif

okay so I drink it when I'm there...but I don't enjoy it...but I do like my hashbrowns topped.

I ordered mine scattered, smothered, covered, chunked and peppered. They came out quite good that way.

Scattered, smothered, covered, and peppered...and I have drank a LOT of WH coffee, most of it with TA and he-who-shall-not-be-named back in the day

Inkara1 said:
I ordered mine scattered, smothered, covered, chunked and peppered. They came out quite good that way.

k, I've always been curious...can someone give me a break down of what each of these means? Also, are there other things one could say as well that Inky didn't when he ordered? What do those mean?

scattered is loosely flung on the grill
smothered is onion
covered is american cheese
chunked is ham chunked
diced is tomatoes
capped is mushrrom
peppered is jalapenos
topped is chili
I think I covered all bases.

Back